Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ever try German Volume Training???

DaPit26

Even though I switch my benching routine all the time (dumbells, switching grips, incline, decline, heavy week etc...) I hit a plateau. I started doing a German volume training routine once a month with my other routines. I broke through my plateau by about 25 pounds in a little over a month!!! try doing 10 reps for 10 sets with about 60% to 70% of your 1 rep max. I do between 185 to 200 pounds for this. It works because it stimulates your muscle fibers and increases hypertrophy (increase in mass of a muscle that is induced by a number of stimuli). Know how to shock your muscles and understand your different muscle fibers (fast twitch vs. slow twitch). Try it and see how it works

I tried it for a few weeks some years ago. Seemed like a decent routine. Not my favorite though. I like more variety. Its probabally the only routine Ive ever tried in its entirety. Usually I just use parts of routines or methods that I like and add them into my own routine Ive developed over the years.

I used as a shock routine for a week. And that it did. Other than that, I would say it will lead to overtraining pretty fast.

musketeer said:
It is a good system, but like walking says, its boring.

Yea its boring too. By variety I meant, it leaves alot of stones unturned IMO. I like to hit the whole spectrum of rep ranges most of the time. I also like more volume on everything. And all sets to failure. But it might be something good to try as a change. Might want to add some extra work to it also.

Top Bottom