Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ever Tried Zercher Squats for ME?

JDarty6173

Today was my DE Squat/Dead day, so after Box Squats I decided to try Zercher Squats for the first time.. So I did a few sets of tripples up to 275... And DAMN these things are great... These hit certain areas in my abs, back, hams, glutes, and hips that nothing else has some close to... So I will definitly be doing these on occasions from now on...

But I was wondering if anyone has tried them as a ME exercise before? I could definitly see them as beneficial to me in my rotation every few weeks like this.. And for any Westsiders or anyone else, I hightly recommend these If you dont already incorporate them.. Oh and I was starting them from the bottom pin in the rack.. About 4 inches off the floor, with a stance just slightly wider than shoulder width.

I have done them before. Remember that you don't have to do singles to be maximum effort either...

B True

Bottom-position zerchers are one of my most frequently used ME exercises.What I find most beneficial about them is that they are very effective for training the waist/core muscles, not to mention strengthening the legs and hips.

B-Fold... Actually it was some pics you doing them that you posted recently that made me decide to finally try them... So for that, thanks bro.. You've always been a big motivation for me..

Ballast, I most definitly agree there, I felt these more in my core than I have anything else before.. So I may just give them a try on ME and see how it goes, but if nothing else I wiil at least be incorporating them into my DE days.....

We used them for 5x5 or 4 sets of 5...can't really remember...after doing GM's that day. Before you use them as a ME exercise...I might do them as an accessory exercise (instead of speed deads) the week prior to get the hang of them...

B True

I think for ME I would do them from a pin or the floor and for extra work I may do the from the top down for reps.

I recently got 290 off the floor on these right after we had a push/pull. Off the floor is hard as hell!!

Really Spatts? Sounds great since I also primarily squat sumo.. I think I will throw them into my rotation of ME Exercises in a couple weeks, and hit some reps till then on DE day...

Top Bottom