x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Essential core exercises

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Essential core exercises within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: OK, as far as I am aware there are three core exercises which must be included in any well rounded weights programme. They are (in order of importance): Squats Deadlifts Bench press. Anyone agree or disagree? Also, am I correct in my opinion that deadlifts and squats are much the same exercise, but with the bar held in two different positions?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Essential core exercises

OK, as far as I am aware there are three core exercises which must be included in any well rounded weights programme. They are (in order of importance):

Squats
    Deadlifts
    Bench press.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Also, am I correct in my opinion that deadlifts and squats are much the same exercise, but with the bar held in two different positions?

SAM BONES THE HAM BONES...THE PAPA'S NANNLE BENNY
    Well you're right as far as those exercises being essentail "core" exercices, but Deads and squats are not the same, they work 2 different muscle groups...

MadCow1
    Yes - they are core - meaning that hard work on these lifts will be responsible for the majority of your gains.

Concerning the dead and the squat - they are not similar. They both involve a lot of muscles and don't involve the chest directly but other than that...

Guru
    definately. but i would add weighted dips and heavy bent over barbell rows to the list of cores. as for the deadlift and squat being the same, im with the other bro's they are different