Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

epsom salt

LB44

Can someone please post up some links to info threads on it. I tried running a search but apperantly you cant search anymore if you arent platinum.
Thanks

If its soreness relief you're looking for try some "stop pain" best stuff i have ever used, & its good for the joints.
available at most Pharmacies.
RADAR

ya im looking for some help with sore muscles. Especially legs. I train legs like a maniac and then get D.O.M.S. It really sucks cuz by day two after legs I cant even bend over to tie my shoes. I actually was bed ridden for two days because I could not straighten my knees. I worked calve so hard the night before that they locked up on me.

I've used epsom salt baths and it seems to help. I don't think there have been a lot of posts about it though.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=DFE44D3DB28B828B4D4D25887B726D36.titan?id=551687

First, let's take a look at the top seven various restorative techniques:

1. Epsom salts baths

2. Restorative pulse electromyostimulation

3. Cryotherapy

4. Contrast baths/showers

5. Glycogen/protein resynthesis drinks

6. Neural restorative drinks

7. Massage

Epsom Salt Baths

Epsom salt is also known as magnesium sulphate. Our first restorative technique consists of bathing for 10 to 20 minutes in a warm/hot bath to which 200-400 grams of Epsom salt is added. This is a very simple and effective way to relax your muscles and decrease inflammation. It’s also a good way to increase blood magnesium levels and prevent bloating due to excessive water retention.

A recent study conducted at the University of Birmingham found that bathing in a warm Epsom salt bath can significantly increase mean blood magnesium levels (the average improvement consisting of attaining 140,98 ppm/ml from an initial value of 104.68ppm/ml in a seven days period). This is because magnesium can be absorbed by the skin. We know that magnesium is a very important mineral for athletes, and one that we’re often deficient in. Among other things, it helps with muscle relaxation and Testosterone production.

Epsom salt baths increase perspiration, helping to get rid of toxins and impurities. Magnesium sulphate also stimulates vasodilatation, facilitating blood flow to the muscles and helping reduce inflammation. As a result, these baths can greatly increase the rate of recovery after a hard training session and, as a bonus, they reduce muscle and joint pains associated with an excessive inflammatory response.

The Birmingham study found that up to 600 grams of Epsom salt diluted in a normal size bath can be used effectively and without risk. However, they found that levels of 300 to 400 grams are sufficient. This technique should be used two to three times per week for 10 to 20 minutes after particularly gruelling workouts.

Can someone please post up some links to info threads on it. I tried running a search but apperantly you cant search anymore if you arent platinum.
Thanks

just put your link in the homepage portion but you can't post the some links in the post. It takes more discussion after you can post your links.:)

I've been using salt baths to help recovery for some time.

I've just bought a 55lb bag of Epsom salt - i put nearly a lb in each bath!

I definitely believe they work.

Top Bottom