Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Endurance Training and cardio beneficial-read

Its basically just another form of active recovery. Its like doing band pushdowns or sled dragging ect. Sounds like it would work well

Not exactly, from my limited understanding.

The goal is to improve capilerization. However I'm not sure if this routine actually induces this.

If it does it would mean increased blood flow to muscle thus requiring less rest which is potentially very interesting.

-Zulu

But the way they improve capilarization through this method is to flush the muscle with blood. Which is the same goal as band pushdowns, sled dragging, the empirical rule of 60% , Ect. They use small workouts with light weights to flush blood into the muscle to help bring added nutrients to the muscle and in turn creating more capilarization thus improving recovery time. This is the same prunciples used by the above examples it is just another way of doing it.

Westside addresses this issue of strength through Active Recovery and the Repitition Method. Westside is all-inclusive.

I think its fien to do. I been doing cardio and love it. I used to do it all th etime. I knwo after i trash my back on Tuesdays , Wed i am sore then wed night i walk 3.4 miles and i am not as sore. So wether it works or not i like it.

yeah... i am not sure what westside's total aversion to cardio is. any physical activity that doesnt tax the body mentally yet moves blood around is probably good.

i have used cardio to drop weight pretty successfully. however, there is so much stuff i like to train, it doesn't leave much time leftover for cardio and still allow me to stay in the 1 hr window.

what i do is just try and haul ass on every workout except squats. we will do back-to-back stuff, ab/hyper supersets, etc, etc....

i think we get enough cardio this way. my overall conditioning is defintely improving

irishpower, i was noticing , on the bench vids you had posted , you guys have a monolift attached to the power rack ? would you elaborate on this piece ?
or was it just a monolift backed up to a power rack ?

thx, patrick

Top Bottom