Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Empty stomach cardio????

peerchek

I was researching HIIT, i found a post by destroyer1986

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316666

He explains how empty stomach cardio is bad for your muscles. Does an empty stomach cardio preserve the muscle or waste away the muscle? I'm currently 6'0 198lbs. aprox. 15%bf. I wana try to drop some bf and gain a little lmm. Can some of you experts help me out a give me further clarification on what to do? Thanks bros.

Empty stomach cardio is hands down THE BEST way to burn fat... but, yes, on the flipside of it, it is more likely to lose a bit of muscle. It's never great for muscles when you train hard with no fuel for energy.

I was told the same, bad idea to train on morning with empty stomach when your muscles are depleted of glycogen.....and that is also over rated as a fat loss tactic.....the whole poing of HIT cardio is that you continue to burn fat hours after the workout....not while, and you gotta eat at some point!

so when would yall suggest doing cardio?

I'm lifting at 1pm, i have been doing cardio (running 2 miles) on an empty stomach when i wake up. It seems to be working ok, but it just scared me when i read it can ruin muscle. i'm also finishing up a bottle of winnny, 2 1/2 weeks left shotin eod.

Thanks bros

do lower intensity, longer duration cardio... by lower intensity I mean some 75% MHR and NOT 60%.

eat after you do your cardio

What do ya'all think about having a scoop of whey (22-25g protein) in some water like 20 minutes prior to an early morning "empty stomach" running session.. One would think this would help preserve muscle and have no/little effect on fat burning...?

ya steve i would like to know how that would turn out? I'm a bit confused about my cardio right now. shit.

Steve720 said:
What do ya'all think about having a scoop of whey (22-25g protein) in some water like 20 minutes prior to an early morning "empty stomach" running session.. One would think this would help preserve muscle and have no/little effect on fat burning...?

This would kill the fat burning positive effects of empty cardio. You basically have to pick one or the other. Although, it has been recommended to me that prior to empty stomach cardio it is best to have water and BCAA's.

Do a search on the anabolic forum, I posted this same topic. Hands down, almost all responses were in favor of empty stomach cardio.

Top Bottom