Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Electronic muscle stimulators? worth it?

Manchuck

Hey guys, new here and was wondering if anyone could answer some questions I've had. Just started my cardio/weight training a month before the new year, after a very rusty year of nothingness. And as im about to start from the ground up ive been using EMS when im not running or workingout, to keep my muscles constantly stimulated. Been getting my rest in too of course. Now ive read some very interesting articles and sites claiming that it does indeed help and can push and build muscles just as voluntary muscle contraction do only without the limits of edurance and fatigue.​

On the other token, I've also read that you would be lucky to see a 1.5 percent increase in muscle/strenth gains over a years period of time of using ems with regular conditioning as opposed to without. That doesnt seem very worth it to me. So now for my questions, anyone here ever bother usuing ems while working out or just while lying around trying to keep your muscles contracting? Pretty much was it worth it to you? I feel goofy sometimes sticking these pads to my abs or legs, feels akin to training like the russian from rocky 4. Any tips and all comments welcome, thanks for reading.​

If it worked ever bb'er would own one. They don't work. They are more for sexual stimulation than for muscle stimulation.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

They help with certain types of muscle pains from empirical evidence. It could simply be a placebo effect though.

Total junk for building muscle/burning fat

Where EMS shines is for recovery.

How does the body grow? You subject the muscle to trauma and then let it repair.

How does the repairing occur? The body transports nutrient, hormones etc to the site needing repair and removes waste/damaged tissue.

How is the above done? Via the bloodstream and the lymph system.

The bloodstream obviously requires blood flow which originates at the heart. The lymph system requires muscle contractions to remove waste. EMS on low settings upstream of the injury can help promote waste removal while lounging around.

Needless to say to best recover from injury or workouts AVOID things that limit lymph or blood circulation such as ice and elevation.

Where EMS shines is for recovery.

How does the body grow? You subject the muscle to trauma and then let it repair.

How does the repairing occur? The body transports nutrient, hormones etc to the site needing repair and removes waste/damaged tissue.

How is the above done? Via the bloodstream and the lymph system.

The bloodstream obviously requires blood flow which originates at the heart. The lymph system requires muscle contractions to remove waste. EMS on low settings upstream of the injury can help promote waste removal while lounging around.

Needless to say to best recover from injury or workouts AVOID things that limit lymph or blood circulation such as ice and elevation.

Have or would you use one? Would you BUY one?

Have or would you use one? Would you BUY one?

Ive used them for relaxing muscles but dont actually own one. I have seriously thought about getting one though.

I've had an EMS toy a while back and when I had the thing set on a high electric current or setting I would achieve a decent muscle contraction...however I did not see any improvement in size or definition even after using it for a few weeks.

Top Bottom