Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Electric Muscle Stimulators

GoinForMass

Anyone ever tried one of those electric stimuli machines to generate muscle tone? I saw an article about it somewhere but can't remember whether the claims were substantiated.

Thanks.

It's a waste of money. I think I remember reading about them on the JAMA web site. They can't contract the muscle to the degree needed to stimulate growth. I would imagine that trying to get tone out of them isn't effective either. I look at it like this, if they are so hot, then why aren't more people using them and bragging about them?

They are a waste of money........unless you have never trained, are a 70year old lady, or have an injury.

When i lost all muscle in my thigh the first step of rehab, was EMS, it worked for a month......but then it was pointless.

go to testosterone.net

and do a search. they had an article on it.

what happened to good old fashioned labor? maybe even helped along, by sups......or advanced by juice........

Muscle Stimulators

Depends on which ones you're talking about. The ones advertised in the back of Muscle Mags don't have the power. A professional model can rip the tendons from the bone insertions at full tetanize. They're also very expensive and generally not available to the public. Licensed physical therapists use them. If you do decide to buy one try it out first. You'll see what I mean. You'll get a lot of differing opinions on how effective they are. You be the judge. They can exert a higher contractile force on a muscle than any exercise can ever do. Like a 'charlie horse' X 2. They do bypass the neural connection to the mind. Just a note: Back in 1976 the former Mike Mentzer swore by them. He sold full body workouts with a professional model when he worked for a Dr. John Ziegler in Olney, MD for 15 bucks a pop.

My housemate has bought one, he said it would get him a six pack like mine with half the effort, he told me he got it because he couldnt be bothered to do boring crunches

I told him he was the lazyiest son of a bitch I'd ever known and he might aswell have given the money to me

Hes used it for a month and got nothing from it, so he doesnt use it now

Waste of money

If you need them because your injured or similar circumstances, then fine go ahead, but if your just plain lazy how will you ever succeed with that mentality?

basically, as everyone has said, they are a waste of money for lazy people. however, they may actually help you recover SLIGHTLY faster because they have been shown to increase blood flow to the specific area. This explains why physical therapists use them to help quicken the healing process in sports injuries.

sd526 said:
they may actually help you recover SLIGHTLY faster because they have been shown to increase blood flow to the specific area. This explains why physical therapists use them to help quicken the healing process in sports injuries.

EMS devices are best used to aid in recovery. They should be used in addition to traditional weight training. The increased blood flow will shorten the time needed to recover between workouts therefore allowing you to lift more often. When purchasing these devices, as with everything else, you get what you pay for.

Nothing will ever replace hard work.

HaaaaaHaaaaa!!!!!! I laugh my ass off at those ads in musclemags showing the big guy flexing with those patches stuck to his bis.

Top Bottom