Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ectomesomorph training/diet question

crunch1

I've been training for about 1.5 years really steady now, and I've built an good foundation, but now that i have it I cannot the big gains I got when I first started lifting, in particular i can't get my arms to get any bigger- 15.5 inch bis, or my chest. I'm very sure i have an ectomesomorphic body type, my chest is small and my muscles are long, not very thick. Leaning more toward ecto. I can gain fat and have to do cardio to get cut, but it is still difficult to put on muscle. People have told me to just eat more, but I don't want to eat a bunch of extra carbs, im taking in about 2500 cals a day right now as it is. So what do you think I should do, eat more of anything or just up my protein, its already pretty high. I'm very confused right now with it so im training like mad and taking all sorts of supplements,(creatine, glutamine, mrps...)
Any advice would be great.

I get the best gains off a diet that is roughly 45% carbs 30% fat and 25% protein I usually eat about 3500 calories a day so that makes it: 400g carbs, 115g fat, 215g protein. I weigh 205 and am definetly mesomorph. I also made the best gains when I stopped worrying so much about supplements and just started eating more and eating cleaner.

I have no idea what your training is like but usually gaining muscle is a matter of protein and calorie intake. make sure you get good post workout meals. and it is possible that you may be overtraining a bit, even though I hate to throw that term at you it may be so. elite bros need some more info to help you out on this one.

Post your training routine.

One thing you have to understand is that if you're not gaining weight, you are not eating enough, bottom line.

Don't be afraid of carbs, these low carb diets are for fat people, not you.

Stats:

Age - 20

Weight - 180

Training routine: 4 days then 1 day off -repeat

Was working back/bis chest/tris legs shoulders for the past 6 months

now trying something different for the past 2 weeks.
Chest/shoulders
Back/tris
Legs
Bis/forearms
(4 -sets each, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps for everything except bis and tris)

---------------------------------------------
Chest/shoulders day:

Bench press
Decline Dumbell Press
Incline Flys
Cable flys
Dips

Barbell shrugs
Lateral Raises (cables or ezcurl bar)
Arnold Presses
Front dumbell raises
Rear delt cable cross bentover
One armed side cable raises

Back/tris------------------------------------

Pullups
Cable Rows
Bentover Rows
Wide grip Lat pulls
One armed dumbell rows

Tri Pressdown+
kick backs
Overhead tri extension with dumbell
Flat bench dips

Bis-----------------------------------
Hammer curl
Incline curls
Preacher curls
cable curls

forarm curls
reverse forarm curls

Legs----------------------------------------
Squat Press
Leg extension
Leg curls
Calf raises

---------------------------------------------
Diet: All pretty clean food, lots of oatmeal, tuna, cottage cheese, eggs, vegtables, chicken, salmon, lots of water.

Supplements: 3 servings whey protien daily, 1 MRP, 1 Post workout mass shake, 10 grams creatine/l-glutamine, ZMA, Ribose, Muti, extra C and E.

What should I add/remove, my chest and shoulders day is the hardest to complete, i run out of energy after working my weak chest quickly. I want to increase my pullup strength, chest strength, lat width, the most. My abs are trained everyday as well.

My upperbody is in much better shape than my lower body, i carry any excess fat in my ass or lower back, my abs are pretty good, but i ignored my legs for the past year, just now im working them in to my routine. I do about 40 minutes of cardio a week. More in the summer.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by crunch1 (edited April 15, 2001).]

OK, no wonder why you're not growing, your volume is too high.

i recommend a routine such as this:

Monday - Legs/Abs

Squat-3x6
Leg Press-2x10
Leg Curl-3x10
Calf raise-2x12
Weighted crunch-2x8-15

Wednesday - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Bench press-3x6
Weighted Dips-2x6
Flye-2x6-10
Shoulder press-2x6-10
Side Lateral -ss- Rear Lateral-2x6-10
Skull Crusher-2x6-10

Friday - Back/Biceps

Deadlift-3x6
Weighted Chins-2x6
Bent Row-2x6
Shrug-2x10
BB curl-2x6-10
Static grip-1x60seconds

Add weight and/or reps to the bar every workout. Eat a portion of protein and carbs until you are so full you are sick to your stomach, every 2-3 hours, you will grow.

Originally posted by crunch1:
I've been training for about 1.5 years really steady now, and I've built an good foundation, but now that i have it I cannot the big gains I got when I first started lifting, in particular i can't get my arms to get any bigger- 15.5 inch bis, or my chest. I'm very sure i have an ectomesomorphic body type, my chest is small and my muscles are long, not very thick. Leaning more toward ecto. I can gain fat and have to do cardio to get cut, but it is still difficult to put on muscle. People have told me to just eat more, but I don't want to eat a bunch of extra carbs, im taking in about 2500 cals a day right now as it is. So what do you think I should do, eat more of anything or just up my protein, its already pretty high. I'm very confused right now with it so im training like mad and taking all sorts of supplements,(creatine, glutamine, mrps...)
Any advice would be great.

EAT ATLEAST 5000 calories! You are unlucky to be ecto. You have to eat until you vomit if you want to make big gains! No one got bigger by eating less! To have brutal size you need to eat brutal amount of food!
Eat more proteins if you can.

Do lots of benches/squats/deadlifts. If you dont do those exercises you will not grow. period.

Top Bottom