Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

eating while lifting

thatcat

during the first 3 months of my workout, i saw many gains and gained a few pounds.. now, the last month or so I have been working out and have seen strength gains, but i lost about 2 pounds or so. I was wondering is this because I am not eating enough? Do you have to bulk and eat 500 calories above maintenance to build muscle fast?

thatcat said:
during the first 3 months of my workout, i saw many gains and gained a few pounds.. now, the last month or so I have been working out and have seen strength gains, but i lost about 2 pounds or so. I was wondering is this because I am not eating enough? Do you have to bulk and eat 500 calories above maintenance to build muscle fast?

Yes.

I would use the mirror to gauge my progress more so than the scale. You could loose 10 pounds of fat while gaining 10 pounds of LBM and see not scale change, but drastic changes in the mirror. And yes you do need to eat at or above maintenance to gain.

YES you need to eat to gain, you need to eat more than you think you should in most cases unless you are a fatass.

if your pants are looser (around the waist, not thighs) but you weigh the same, you probably gained LBM and lost fat but if you wanna gain you need more food, and try not to make it poisonous (mcdonald's and doritos)

thatcat said:

Post some stats. How tall, how much you weight, diet and routine. What pills are you taking if any.

Top Bottom