Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating lots on non training days

B0ARDIN087

Should i eat the same as i would do on a day where i train??? im trying to bulk and i have to take today off because my whole body hurts really bad even tho i took yesterday off (it works out with my 4 day a week split) buti m not surei f i should eat the excessive calories i eat on a training day what do u all think, and no one tell me to read bulking basics..... haha

Boardin-

You might go to massmonsters dot NET and register.
There you can check out many of MrX's diet articles. He has a couple on bulking that have some good ideas in them.

Consistancy is the key. There has never been a substitute for hard work and effort. The results always speak for themselves.

Ask yourself;

Have I ever gotten' anywhere in life going the EASY way?

If your answer is no than I would suggest looking into some of the diets afore mentioned and/or making your own impliment of one. Be creative. A diet is a sample of what someone else completed with some success.

I want to read about the "Boardin087" diet method. The method that is consistant, tride and true.

Boardin, I would NOT eat heavier on non-training days. You can eat the same calories, but make certain to keep the GI as low as possible on your carbs. Spiking your insulin levels on this day will not be in your best interest. The extra calories that you would normally burn with training may not be a problem if you truely need the day off for recovery. The calories in that case will be helpful in repairing tissue that has been traumatized from your workouts and can be used to fuel growth. Just do not over do it.

Eat the same. You are still growing on days off. Eat like you want to grow.:) Worry about your carbs when you cut.

Joker

JOKER, there is no need to gain additional bodyfat that one does not have to gain in order to gain the muscle mass they desire. I would much rather diet off 15 ibs of bf than 30. The more fat one gains, the harder or longer one must diet, and this means a greater loss of lbm while dieting. Eat the calories you need, but be very selective in what you eat and when you eat it. Those who just pig out without concern for eating what they should be eating, will gain more fat and less muscle while bulking. This shows lack of discipline or respect for one's body. Its a sign of weakness.

BBF,
I agree with the need to eat clean. No need to hit Krispy Kreme's just to gain some weight.

My point is that when you are bulking: Bulk. You are bulking to gain weight and size. Most bodybuilders that I am aware of, do not bulk year round. They do it for a few months at a time. Yes, you will gain some fat during a bulking session. However, I feel that if you are bulking for a few months, then cutting, which is common for bodybuilders, you might be robbing yourself of muscle gains to hold your BF% down.

You hear a lot of us yelling "Swain!" a lot. Swaining does not necessarily mean eat crap.:) It just means eat a lot, and eat often.:)

I still say bulk when you are bulking, and cut when you are cutting.

Joker

I have been wondering about this myself. I like think that I'm growing even when I'm not training. I eat to grow. Personally, I'm not the cleanest of eaters when I'm not cutting. I figure that there will be plenty of time for self deprivation when I get ready for my next show. I guess that's the Lee Priest school of thought.

ya.. well i CERTAINLY watch what i eat, basicly i've gotten looser tho, i ONLY eat anthing that has a significant amount of protein..... also the carbs and protein have to be in a good proportion. i never eat carbs or fats by themselves.... it seems to be working fine although i may not be eating enough.

Top Bottom