Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating before big lifts

Everyone's different and depends on how big was the last meal.
If it's fairly small meal I can get away with an hour or so.

But you need to figure out yourself.

well first off if you are competing like i used to you are usually going into your meet without very much food so you can make weight. so what we would do is AFTER weigh in eat something quick like fruit or even a protein bar with some carbs just to fill up our glycogen stores.

if you are just a normal joe you don't want to ever go into any exercise or lift with a full belly. try some scrambled eggs plain with some fruit 2 hours prior, and try to take a shit before your workout. you don't want your body processing food while you are actually lifting and you want your bowels clear. the best athletes will always give you that tip that they try and take a shit right beforehand

The day of a competition is different for me than training days. I train early so I get up and have my usual bowl of wheeties or whatever. You do not burn that much more lifting heavy than any other way. It might FEEL better vs actual performance. Competing I get up crazy early and eat and then chill until an hour or so and have a light meal then. I'll eat very light over the day of events and then feast after.

It really varies person to person. I try to get a bit more carbs than usual about 2 hours or so before going heavy.

get some good complex carbs in with some protein brotha

adc8953e2889e300a6bfa8a449e9416a.jpg

For me, it's about 400 calories 1-1.5hrs before lift.

Typical is "bodybuilding french toast"

4 x white bread - 40g simple carbs
.5 container of kirkland egg whites = 36g protein (~5g leucine in the whites)
1 TB of sugar free syrup
3 scoops Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy (was on sale at Costco) - start sipping this 30mins prior to gym and drink intra.

For me, I'm 162lbs and this has me half full when I go in. No issues during.

I'm promptly hungry within an hour of post workout so these amounts preworkout is good and tastes fantastic.

Top Bottom