Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DUMBELL SHOULDER PRESSES/ NEED INPUT!!

punch

Today is shoulder and tri day. For shoulders my routine is as follows:

Dumbell shoulder presses 3sets
1st 10 reps 80's
2nd 8 reps 85's
3rd 4-6 reps 95's followed by drop set

Lateral raises 3 sets
1st 10 reps 40's
2nd 8 reps 40's w/ drop set
3rd 8 reps 40's w/ drop set

Bent over raises 3 sets
1st 10 reps 45's
2nd 10 reps 45's
3rd 8-10 reps 45's w/ drop set

Dumbell shrugs
1st 12-15 reps 100's super set with cable shrugs
2nd same
3rd whatever I have left.

I do shrugs twice per week. On shoulder day I go light, on back day heavy. Also these sets do not include a warmup set.

My question is on shoulder presses I actually feel a better burn and pump with the 80's than the 95's. Do you guys think I should stick with the lower wieght to get a better pump. My shoulders have grown greatly with this workout but I have also made gains doing lower wieght higher rep dbell presses. Any good advice would be welcomed. Thanks

[This message has been edited by punch (edited April 25, 2001).]

That is an excellent training program, almost exactly the same as mine, i traps with back. As an option after your first set try hitting the 95's for 3 sets of 5. To be honest as long as your reps or weights are improving each week it doesnt really matter.

I prefer not to do any front delt movements!!! I find thaqt they get indirectly worked with shoulder presses amd especially incline benching. My focus is on the side caps for width and rear delts for thickness. Nothing looks worse than someone that looks great from the front but fades from the side.

Do the cable crossover pulling from about head high down to the side like you were on a cross withe your palms facing out work those rear delts as good as bent over lateral raises?

Top Bottom