Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are dumbell rows the only back exercise you can use dumbells on??

try bent over dumbell rows performed just like bent over barbell rows except rowing two dumbells simultaneously. how come i never see anyone doing these?

j2da2

i try those jesus(it's awkward typing this), but it never feels right

call me j2 then. :) i find that db rows like that are actually fairly difficult, as you are throwing in your lower back into the lift, and it is possible to have a greater range of motion using dbs versus a bar allowing for a greater contraction.

good point, j2. i'll try those to make it as similar to a bench as i can

merry christmas

if i have a whole lot of energy i may do a deadlift movement with dumbells(100+lbs ea) but i have to use straps cause i like to start with real deads. and by the time im done with those, i cant hold a dumbell anymore.
almost seems more of an aerobic deadlift, i dont pause. dont get that deep muscle burn, but it sure as hell exhaust the back. and im breathing like i ran a mile.

bignate73 said:
try a hyper with a row at the top.......

now thats torture.

nate, what about the exercise you had me do with the dumbell held between my ankles...lying face down...I'm not sure of the name.

Nonerz said:

nate, what about the exercise you had me do with the dumbell held between my ankles...lying face down...I'm not sure of the name.

oh the things i can do with this response......muahahahahaha :p

we just modified the reverse hyper a bit since the gym doesnt have the right equipment. an angled bench with a dbell between your legs for resistance.

Top Bottom