Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DUMBBELL PULLOVERS- part of CHEST or BACK routine?

MonStar1023

DUMBBELL PULLOVERS- GOOD or BAD? part of CHEST or BACK routine?

I am following the Serious Growth program as many of you already know and I have decided to include crossbench dumbbell pullovers but I cant decide whether to include them in my chest or back routine.

I train back in the morning and chest in the evening so whichever muscle group I include them in, the other will be affected. In other words, if I include them in my morning back workout, by the time I work chest my chest will have already gotten a little stimulation from the pullovers that morning. And vice-versa if I put them in my chest routine my lats will get hit in the morning and in the evening.

Opinions please...
(Mr. X, GenetiKing, Belial, please reply) :D

Last edited:
First off I think that you better be either on drugs or only doing that routine for a short period of time because Serious Growth can lead to seriously excessive worlkload.

That being said, if you really want to use them, do them with back. They hit your lats, when done right, much more effectively than they hit your chest.

You could also just not do them.

I usually work chest and back on the same day,and I like to use the pullovers after I really work my chest with inclines.I find the stretch I get with the pullovers helps me for the next group of chest exercises.Even though you work the lats,I wouldn't call pullovers a heavy lat exercise...they are more an adjunct,help expand the rib cage,increase flexibility in the shoulder girdle,and provide that very therapeutic stretch to the fatigued pec muscles.<my opinion>

Pullovers are for back.

If you use them primarily for chest then you are sorely mistaken.

Besides, they're a pretty crap exercise anyway...

pullover are effective for both chest and lats depending on arm placement. If you keep your arms in a more extended position you will hit the lat area to a great extent, this by the way was one of Dorians favorite excersises. Now, if you keep your arms bent at a greater angle you will hit the pec region more directly. I have been doing these on and off for over 8 years. They work, dont let anyone talk you out of doing them! By the way, this movement will enhance your posture and increase air flow into your lungs.

Chest

I agree with whoever said it depends on placement - on how you're lying on the bench. But classic traditional pullovers are for chest development.

And not for nothing, but Arnold is a pretty damn good authority on bodybuilding.

Dumbbell Pullovers

THANKS EVERYONE for the replies I really appreciate it. I was thinking that the muscles activated really goes hand in hand with the placement of your arms. Like when I use stiff-arm dumbbell pullovers really focusing on the stretch at the bottom it tears up my upper/outer lats behind my armpits better then any other exercise. I will include them in my next few cycles of my back routine I think.

I'D RATHER BE DEADLIFTING, yeah I am trying the Serious Growth training I know its a fucking hell of a workload thats the truth. Sometimes I am just like 'fuck I gtg workout again now goddamn.' It definitely takes a load of discipline to stick to a training program like this but from what Ive heard the results are great with this program. I dont know Ill keep posting my journal and let you know if its any good or not. So far I have seen a little gains here and there nothing major though.

Top Bottom