Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dumbbell bench vs. barbell bench

I didn't realize so many favored the dumbbells. All the douches at my gym stare because I do dumbbells 90% of the time for chest and they do 225 on flat bench with their pelvis against the ceiling then strut around afterwards like their jacked

Sent from my HTC One X using EliteFitness

Both, but mostly dumbbell. Can get a better stretch at the bottom as well as squeezing the chest together at the top to get a bit of the benefit of a fly as well. When doing reps I like to not lockout at the top to keep tension on the chest the whole time.

But I almost always do a couple sets of barbell presses as well cuz, well I'm a guy and I like them.

Edit: Also another great reason to prefer dumb bell work is working each side independently. After a bad shoulder injury I started pressing again neglecting my dumb bell work and my strong side was preventing my weak side from progressing. After starting dumb bell work again it was obvious that I had a vastly weaker side and after a couple of months focusing on dumb bells I brought that weak side right back up to where it should be.

Last edited:
DB's for me ,i find it easier to concentrate on contracting the muscle and focusing on the negative.

shoulder injury has me confined to the chest machine at the moment tho, bastard :(

Top Bottom