Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dumbbell Bench Press Form

unicycler

I have been doing dumbbell bench ever since I started lifting weights, but recently I have been thinking my form is F&CKED up. When I usually dumbbell bench I press the dumbbells straight up in a straight line and then bring them together to "kiss" at the end. Recently I started to bring them into more of an "arc" motion, almost like a fly/press mixture- more so a cable crossover type motion where you push and then squeeze. I hope someone out there knows what I am trying to explain and could elaborate on the PROPER form. My lower chest is HORRIBLE compared to the rest of my body, maybe this is why? Since the dumbbell bench was my "bread and butter" for most of my chest workouts.

When I dumbbell press they come together at the top. When I bring them down I bring them down to the point if I was using a barbell it would touch my chest. Do decline bench for your lower chest.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using EliteFitness

Db bench should be an assistance lift not your bread and butter. This is probably why your chest development is slow. The barbell should be your primary chest builder for flat and incline with occasional db movements added or subbed to mix things up. As far as technique on the DBS go, there are several variations to use. Which one to use depends on the person and their needs. One thing is certain, never touch or "kiss" them at the top. This takes tension off the chest and puts the load on your arms. Stop about an inch from touching and squeeze the chest.

If your lower chest suck try weighted dips.. have been working wonders for me

Sent from my HTC One S using EliteFitness

Top Bottom