Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dumb. Biceps curl Sudden loss of reps in dominant arm, not neurological. Any1 experience this b4, want 2 avoid doc. Please help

Do your best efforts for a dr appointment. We can only assume

Thanks, Tazz

I had a tele-doc telephone interview w/ my primary care physician yesterday.

Several times, I let him give me the message of if I need to see a physical therapist or make an in-office visit for an xray or MRI (as it is a deltoid tendon rotator cuff, etc. issue an MRI is in order not an Xray since broken bones is what a xray would show, in no way do I have pain or stinging that would justify an x-ray)

I had to let him know by the way, I have a good range of motion

*Mind you he was the same doc who didn't during an Annual physical tell me:

"what? you have had your biological father suffer 2 heart attacks, 1 of which was at your current age of 50?? I should schedule u for a referral to a cardiologist.

We all know there i s a difference in the scientific community between doctors and how aggressive or proactively approach an issue

So, I left off with..."So, Rest, rest is the best thing to do to heal? and avoid an office visit, which might only just based on my good range of motion and lack of enough pain, only reveal with like an MRI, only a minor inflammation or soreness or minor tear; in which case I'd only rest and do light stretching to get blood flow into the are"

and he, my doc said yes, just rest and stretching.

*Under his doctor's codes and rules for ethnicity, he didn't strongly suggest an in office MRI and

*neither did he strongly suggest a referral to a Physical Therapist.

So my primary doc in good concscience felt I should Only rest & stretch based on what I told him over yesterday's telephone appointment

He did offer some interesting info as far as muscle waste / muscle loss through resting:

Interesting New Research Development:
Here it is: studies show the non-affected body part being strengthened through weight train affects the affected body part

That means he revealed to me new research that if I did dumbell standing biceps curls on my left arm, the right arm would also, I guess by synergistic movements...complement the right arm that is resting and the right arm would not lose muscle mass, but instead gain muscle mass even though it was resting!

He told me to google "Training the Unaffected Side" (and how it strengthens the Affected resting side.

(by the way, not sure, why lately my posts are bunched up or truncated without a space between sentences, so sorry about that)

Thanks again, everyone :)

i would rest and stretch also thats proper advice with yoga

Thanks, Tazz

I had a tele-doc telephone interview w/ my primary care physician yesterday.

Several times, I let him give me the message of if I need to see a physical therapist or make an in-office visit for an xray or MRI (as it is a deltoid tendon rotator cuff, etc. issue an MRI is in order not an Xray since broken bones is what a xray would show, in no way do I have pain or stinging that would justify an x-ray)

I had to let him know by the way, I have a good range of motion

*Mind you he was the same doc who didn't during an Annual physical tell me:

"what? you have had your biological father suffer 2 heart attacks, 1 of which was at your current age of 50?? I should schedule u for a referral to a cardiologist.

We all know there i s a difference in the scientific community between doctors and how aggressive or proactively approach an issue

So, I left off with..."So, Rest, rest is the best thing to do to heal? and avoid an office visit, which might only just based on my good range of motion and lack of enough pain, only reveal with like an MRI, only a minor inflammation or soreness or minor tear; in which case I'd only rest and do light stretching to get blood flow into the are"

and he, my doc said yes, just rest and stretching.

*Under his doctor's codes and rules for ethnicity, he didn't strongly suggest an in office MRI and

*neither did he strongly suggest a referral to a Physical Therapist.

So my primary doc in good concscience felt I should Only rest & stretch based on what I told him over yesterday's telephone appointment

He did offer some interesting info as far as muscle waste / muscle loss through resting:

Interesting New Research Development:
Here it is: studies show the non-affected body part being strengthened through weight train affects the affected body part

That means he revealed to me new research that if I did dumbell standing biceps curls on my left arm, the right arm would also, I guess by synergistic movements...complement the right arm that is resting and the right arm would not lose muscle mass, but instead gain muscle mass even though it was resting!

He told me to google "Training the Unaffected Side" (and how it strengthens the Affected resting side.

(by the way, not sure, why lately my posts are bunched up or truncated without a space between sentences, so sorry about that)

Thanks again, everyone :)

Ethics and that's not new news

Even though it seems like the doc didn't do enough for you, it still might be best. Like stevesmi said, they would likely just have you doing stretching and rest even if you did go in.

Even though it seems like the doc didn't do enough for you, it still might be best. Like stevesmi said, they would likely just have you doing stretching and rest even if you did go in.

thanks, Masonic

it may take longer without the ultra sound deep tissue unit, but that's ok.

i might just buy one .... one day as preventive and rehab maintenance.

Top Bottom