Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dropped 185 pounds on my head. Now my head hurts.

psychedout

I was working on snatches today and something not cool at all happened.

I've been trying to use a hook grip lately because i've been reading that all the top olympic athletes use it.

Well, I snatched 185 into the overhead front squat and as quick as weight went up, it slipped it smashed me right on the top of my head. Luckily the weight fell behind me as I feel to floor. I layed there with my head down in tears it hurt so much.

I just got home and took a tylenol 3 I had around from when I had some mouth surgery. My head fucking kills. This sucks.

psychedout said:

I've been trying to use a hook grip lately because i've been reading that all the top olympic athletes use it.

Well, I snatched 185 into the overhead front squat and as quick as weight went up, it slipped it smashed me right on the top of my head. Luckily the weight fell behind me as I feel to floor. I layed there with my head down in tears it hurt so much.

I just got home and took a tylenol 3 I had around from when I had some mouth surgery. My head fucking kills. This sucks.

that DOES suck. You can at least be thankful that: 1) it didnt do any serious brain damage (you can still type and make a complete thought) and 2) thankfully you're no arnold in his prime because imagine if you dropped 600-700 lbs on your head - THAT would hurt. :worried:

That's rough, bro. Get used to the hook grip with lighter weights first. Maybe fortify your thumb with a bit of dynamic thumb training. Either that, or avoid the hook grip, esp. with 185 lbs. You should be able to hold onto that much weight with a standard clean grip, no? I wouldn't try anything risky with snatches.

psychedout said:

Get your head checked...

Seriously, there may be some internal bleeding that you're unaware of.

Anthrax Invasion said:
That's rough, bro. Get used to the hook grip with lighter weights first. Maybe fortify your thumb with a bit of dynamic thumb training. Either that, or avoid the hook grip, esp. with 185 lbs. You should be able to hold onto that much weight with a standard clean grip, no? I wouldn't try anything risky with snatches.

You may be right about using lighter weights until I improve upon the lift.

Santa_Claus said:
Get your head checked...

Seriously, there may be some internal bleeding that you're unaware of.

Hmmmmm. This has me a little worried. A trip to the ER though? I guess i'll see how I feel in a few hours.

psychedout said:
Hmmmmm. This has me a little worried. A trip to the ER though? I guess i'll see how I feel in a few hours.

Odds are...everything is alright. You might just ask your doc for advice about what to do.

If he says you have nothing to worry about then it's all good! It's still 185lbs

ouch :(

USE A LOT OF CHAULK !!! Don't be afraid to bail.

And a doctor if you need it. Be particularly aware of any concusion symptoms.

Work on technique with light weights.

I've actually never heard of this happening. Most lose it behind them or can't pull it high enough. Bail it in front. Never heard of it slipping and mashing someone on the head.

Madcow2 said:
USE A LOT OF CHAULK !!! Don't be afraid to bail.

And a doctor if you need it. Be particularly aware of any concusion symptoms.

Work on technique with light weights.

I've actually never heard of this happening. Most lose it behind them or can't pull it high enough. Bail it in front. Never heard of it slipping and mashing someone on the head.

I wasn't using any chalk :worried: unfortunately. Nor was I using a spinning bar like I should have been. I was training at a commercial gym as opposed to my typical campus facility.

Top Bottom