Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drinking and smoking pot

ant2567

How much do you think this effects lifting? Significantly, or no? Obviously drinking everyday will have a large effect, but what about drinking heavy only a few times a week? same for smoking

Yes, significantly.

But one should be cautious of saying that you cannot gain period if you smoke/drink. Of course you can. But the gains would increase DRAMATICALLY if these things are not done.

Drinking very bad! Smoking pot... hmm... kinda bad. Very much the lesser of two evils. Plus the bulking diet looks much more appealing.

I smoke after every workout, helps with stimulating my appetite. Without it I just cant eat....Also helps with insomnia when on. JMHO

drop the booze, smoke the dope (or better yet, eat it)

despite the propaganda, the worst thing about the pot is that you're putting smoke in your lungs

actually a good clean strain of pot (usually pure or partial sativa) can and often does increase your heartbeat much like caffeine anyway All things considered pot is about on the same level physiologically as caffeine (minus any "mental" effects) and far far far less addictive

i've looked at this issue of pot E X T E N S I V L Y and if you refer to some other threads I've posted on regarding dope you'll see what i mean

i don't like pot, but i've been around it all my life and researched it to exhaustion there's only like one, or two studies from the U.S. that I would even consider as valid information

if you want more solid science i would suggest looking overseas to the univerisites over there (or perhaps Canada) as these are not influenced, silently funded, or driven in any way by the ONDCP, or other biased agencies.

the booze is a much different kind of poison and full of empty calories anyway that you don't need

mind you a couple of drinks now and then won't hurt your training any and probably help your "sanity" but I'd keep a strict limit on it (couple="2" NOT "20")

So now the "ultra-conservative" governement trusting folks who've grown up with and believed that "pot is evil" can respond now....yes, yes, your brother smoked pot and it ruined his life ergo pot bad! LOL! There's logic for you!

Last edited:
i do both of these things too, not so much drinking tho. and i can really feel the difference in my performance on a day right after i drink heavily. try to cut back on that, or keep it to days when you dont lift the day after (for me, its none other than friday and saturday nights). as for blazing, i smoke a shitload, have lifted high before, etc. a few tips from a vet:

1) DO NOT smoke before you lift. whenever i used to do it, my heartrate would skyrocket. its prolly not good for your heart and who knows you might have a heart attack from it. so stay away from that. plus the cottonmouth is brutal lol!

2) the more you smoke in general, the more you will feel "high" during a lift. i have a theory, that goes: when you smoke, THC is stored in your fat right? well when you lift and are burning fats in your body, that THC is released back into your bloodstream. ive felt this before, where i dont smoke the entire day, go to the gym and halfway through feel like im ripped. its not that strong of a high, just something ive experienced.

smoking affects cardio ALOT more than lifting (if it affects lifting at all). i used to run cross country, and now i struggle to run 6 miles straight. i still do cardio now, but im not gonna give up smoking just yet so i could run farther (at least til im out of college).

besides, think about it: alcohol is like poison to your body, dro is an all natural flower that people have enjoyed for many many years. which one do you think is better for you.

hey hey hey, smoke weed everyday

griz1, justy wondering if THC has any effect on the metabolism: does it speed it up, slow it down, nothing at all?

Well it's not just THC that yer smoking there's some other stuff too. I'd have to dig out some literature I have on it.

I "think", and I may be remembering this wrong, that depending on the ratios of THC and CBNs and stuff it'll either make you very "up" with increased heart rate and stuff, or bring you down with a more "narcotic" effect. Typically I think most of the "commerical" weed is of the "narcotic" effect (THOUGH NOT A NARCOTIC BY ANY MEANS!).

Lately I've been looking more at the politics of pot rather than the physiology, so that particular "tid-bit" has "leaked" out the other ear....

I'm pretty sure that even if it did raise metabolism, those effects would quickly dwindle with regular use as the body tends to adapt to weed pretty quick. There was some excellent work done at a European university in the 70's that measured the physiological response to pot. I gotta see if I still have a copy.

Even if it does increase the metabolism, it wouldn't work for weight loss cause of all the fuckin Doritios yer gonna eat....lol!!

Pot is NOT a drug that is gonna help (nor hinder) a bodybuilder (excepting the smoke in lungs thing) or athlete.

Y'all remember our Canadian snowboarding hero from the olympics what's his name...Ross Roll-a-doobie?

Top Bottom