Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

dr frank jobe rotator cuff exercises for upper arms

Bomfit

Hi all, I was looking online for a routine Specializing on developing upper arms and shoulders, which are my struggle right now, I found this program I hope
some of you are familiar with and I would like to know your reviews about it and effectiveness, I would like to try it out but you all know time is gold
specially when summer is around the corner and don't want to waist on routines without results, thank you.

For shoulders - stick with your bread and butter mass builders like barbell over head shoulder press, dumbbell shoulder press, up right rows and dumbbell side lateral raises.

I find that most people with poor arm development are simply using way too much weight and are 'swinging' the exercises rather then contracting with the bicep muscle. Keep your elbows tucked into your body. Your elbows should remain locked throughout the entire movement. If you elbows are swinging, your deltoids are doing the movement and not your biceps/triceps.

There are two different tricep heads and you need to do both over head and press down exercises to properly train both.There are two bicep heads in your bicep. The long bicep head is the outer bicep head and the short bicep head is the inner bicep head (the head that is closest to your chest). Both biceps heads are used to contract the biceps whenever you do a bicep exercise but you can prioritize which bicep head does the majority of the work by changing your grip width.

A wide grip (wider then shoulder width) prioritizes the inner (short) bicep heap.
A narrow grip (narrower then shoulder width) privatizes the outer (long) bicep head.

Try training biceps and triceps twice per week. Add in 2-3 exercises for biceps after your back workout, and 2-3 exercises for triceps after your chest workout. Then later in the week perform an arm workout where you superset biceps and triceps.

Pure rotator cuff exercises are designed to work the muscle UNDER the delts. These muscles, more so than the lateral. posterior or anterior delt (the 3 heads you see on lean bodybuilders) stabilize the shoulder joint.

They ARE NOT upper arm exercises. They are, however, a good idea for long term shoulder health.

Pure rotator cuff exercises are designed to work the muscle UNDER the delts. These muscles, more so than the lateral. posterior or anterior delt (the 3 heads you see on lean bodybuilders) stabilize the shoulder joint.

They ARE NOT upper arm exercises. They are, however, a good idea for long term shoulder health.

This is one important point there - some exercises are valuable not because the lead to muscle growth, but rather because they promote health and prevent injuries.

I have been focusing on my shoulders for a while now. I found I was using too much of my back and traps during certain exercises. I agree with Steve.....stick with compound lifts to make real progress.

Top Bottom