Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DONT FORGET THOSE FOREARMS!!!!!!

punch

I cant tell you how many people I have seen at the gym with great bi/tri developement but lanky forearms. Your forearms serve a much greater purpose than looking good. Grip strength, which is essential to weight lifting comes from strong forearms. Many have posted about forearms giving out during back, bi workouts and the simple reason is lack of direct work. Training forearms twice per week will balance your upper arm out as well as greatly improve your back and bi workouts. In fact you will notice differences in lateral raises as well. Crucial to well developed forearms also, is to work the upper portion and belly of the muscle. Reverse grip curls are great for the top of the forearm and the staple wrist curl is a must for belly developement. I prefer resting my arms on a bench for this movement. The key is to do a lot of reps. 3 sets of 20 reps for upper and 3 sets of 20 for lower. Try this for 2-3 months and you'll never wear a long sleave shirt again. LOL

Well said

I never really used to do this until about a month ago and Ive noticed a huge difference, people have commented how my forearms look like twice the size of theres (you dont notice when you see yourself everyday!!).

I do wrist curls the same way, resting your forearms on the edge of a bench, its the best way to do it and gives perfect form.

I think alot of people forget that working your forearms promotes benefits in the size of your biceps aswell.

Theres lots of people in my gym with the same problem and they just look at me all weird when i'm kneeling on the floor doing my wrist curls with a "puny" weight.

I've done direct forearm work for ages now.

Reverse wrist curls: 1-2 sets.

Behind the body wrist curls: 1-2 sets.

Why do you find it necessary to do high reps?

For me high reps stimulate my forearms better. Calves in a similar fashion are a muscle used every day. In order to properly stimulate high twitch muscle fibers high reps with as heavy a weight possible works well.

Forearms are indirectly worked with most exercises you do, but I also agree that some direct forearm work is beneficial. I usually do 2 sets of wrist curls, and 2 sets of reverse cable curls.

I'm blessed with popeye's forearms, my uppers need to catch up! but I know exactly what your saying.

Theres 14 muscles that make up the forearm, although not all are distinctive. I also believe that these muscles should be trained. And i'll go with Robboe with this one. Low volume and reduce those reps, certaintly not 20. By doing that many reps you WILL NOT target the muscle fibres that are responsible for growth ie; fast twitch fibres.

The time under tension for each set should be ~60 seconds, so adjust the tempo and rest intervals according to that.

Top Bottom