Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DOMS and stretching question

splizzit

this article i just read seems fairly well researched with proper citing and studies:
https://www.painscience.com/articles/delayed-onset-muscle-soreness.php

muscle tears are not even listed as 1 of the several credible reasons behind this “mysterious” phenomenon; but, for argument sake, lets assume it is (which i tend to think is credible); just thinking logically, maybe erroneously, but wouldn’t stretching muscle fibers trying to repair interfere and possibly lengthen recovery and growth?

this article i just read seems fairly well researched with proper citing and studies:
https://www.painscience.com/articles/delayed-onset-muscle-soreness.php

muscle tears are not even listed as 1 of the several credible reasons behind this “mysterious” phenomenon; but, for argument sake, lets assume it is (which i tend to think is credible); just thinking logically, maybe erroneously, but wouldn’t stretching muscle fibers trying to repair interfere and possibly lengthen recovery and growth?

No.

DOMS will just happen sometimes. There isn't a ton you can really do to help other than rest. To answer the question though, stretching is not going to tear muscle and delay recovery.

Stretching is very important. It will prevent injury but it also causes a huge hypertrophy response.

I read a study done on birds where they found greater hypertrophy results when they stretched the birds wing VS strapping a weight on the birds wing to stimulate lifting weights.

Also, your muscles are sort of like elastics. The longer you can stretch a muscle, the harder you can contract it.

Stretching is very important. It will prevent injury but it also causes a huge hypertrophy response.

I read a study done on birds where they found greater hypertrophy results when they stretched the birds wing VS strapping a weight on the birds wing to stimulate lifting weights.

Also, your muscles are sort of like elastics. The longer you can stretch a muscle, the harder you can contract it.

there was a study done on humans that found the same hypertrophy response to stretching, by it was intra-weight lifting sets stretching. uhhhh. between the sets , intra/ inter. hmmm. depends on context. anyways, i was talking about the next day (which i always take off). just seemed like. i dunno. if its a tear trying to heal, ok. what if its a tear in my skin, im not sure stretching the tear and wound helps healing. but prolly apples n oranges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there was a study done on humans that found the same hypertrophy response to stretching, by it was intra-weight lifting sets stretching. uhhhh. between the sets , intra/ inter. hmmm. depends on context. anyways, i was talking about the next day (which i always take off). just seemed like. i dunno. if its a tear trying to heal, ok. what if its a tear in my skin, im not sure stretching the tear and wound helps healing. but prolly apples n oranges

There's a HUGE difference between a potential actual tear and a little DOMS. Stretching, in and of itself helps a LITTLE with DOMS but as part of other recovery aids (protein, hot bath, massage etc - as per the link) will speed up recovery.

There's a HUGE difference between a potential actual tear and a little DOMS. Stretching, in and of itself helps a LITTLE with DOMS but as part of other recovery aids (protein, hot bath, massage etc - as per the link) will speed up recovery.

sorry to dig deep on this. lol. just logically i need see the medical process of healing for a micro-tear to be super diff from a real tear. but im sure im wrong. theres probably some kinda trauma threshold triggered by protein release. ok. enough my geeking. ill just assume stretching is good at most times with a healthy body

sorry to dig deep on this. lol. just logically i need see the medical process of healing for a micro-tear to be super diff from a real tear. but im sure im wrong. theres probably some kinda trauma threshold triggered by protein release. ok. enough my geeking. ill just assume stretching is good at most times with a healthy body

No it's a good thought. DOMS, to my mind, isn't just just micro-tears. It's probably a combo of all the theories behind DOMS. From lactic acid crystals and inflammation to potential micro tears to boot.

Now, if we warm up (via low level exercise) or heat (packs, gels/sprays or a sauna) it's very rare to hear of anyone getting actual real problems or having a micro-tear become anything serious.

Even now we don't fully understand all the aspects (at a biological level) that make up muscle growth and adaption. Hence, the link by the OP in which the writer had to try all the cures lol

Top Bottom