Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

doing the Leg-Extension on the Machine and the cons

Sam Vincons

So I just love this exercise and it has been the movement that's made increase my leg's mass the most, over any other movement, But I was reading online at a training web that going too heavy on leg extension machine can cause joint injuries , because the heavier you go the more compensation your joints have to do and you will be targeting more the joints than the muscles, what's your opinion on this guys?

I like leg exstensions as an add on lift. Get that striation and veins by doing alot of reps and pausing at the too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

guys who have knee issues swear that they get pain doing that machine all the time.

it is important to use correct form and learn to listen to your body.. if it hurts don't do it.

you don't NEED to do a certain exercise if it hurts. stick to squats, cleans and deadlifts and don't even worry about going heavy and you will grow the legs

The leg extension exercise puts A LOT Of stress on your ACL ligament.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJOAAAAJGUwYzA0MmZhLTQ0ZTUtNGUzNy04MTZhLTIzYzdjZTliOTA1MQ.jpg

The leg extension is a great exercise but it is NOT an exercise you should be going ape shit with. Focus on proper form and really squeezing the quad at the top of the movement.

They are great as an accessory movement near the end of a workout. Try going lighter and shoot for 100 reps. Pick a weight where you can get 20 reps for the first set. Rest for a couple seconds when needed and keep going until you reach 100. Crazy burn.

Top Bottom