Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doing crunches ed overtrains abs???

PatBateman

just wondering, because I know some guys on here like to train abs only once or twice a week. For some reason, I think I may see better results doing crunches every morning?? thanks!

Unless you need muscle endurance in your abs, why would you need to train them everyday? Muscles grow while they're recovering, not while you working them...so it's not advantageous for size. You can't target burn fat...so it's not advantageous for fat loss either.

I've managed to build pretty impressive abs and I train them at most 1x per week, but I've found training them with weight to be far more effective than endless sets of crunches and situps

I train mine heavy-heavy-heavy one day a week, and heavy with speed another day. So twice a week....for strength.

I try to go every 4-6 days or so. I use a plate on my back and one of those ab wheelies. Works great. I'm definitely with needsize that the weight is the only way to go. Hundreds of crunches are just not fun or beneficial, except maybe to your chiropractor.

JC

Top Bottom