Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

doing all your chest sets in one go? good or bad

danielson

Elite Mentor
Platinum
for almost 5 months mor ive done 3 sets flat DB bench, then done other exercises (wide grip pull ups, cable rows) then went back to incline DB bench. its only just occured to me i may be doing this wrong! is it ok to do a set of inclines after a set flat. ive experienced good growth on my routine ( i think anyhow) but i wouldnt mind more :D

any ideas :confused:

oh and search has me even more confused now as it keeps saying no matches :( :eek2:

thank u! i normally search but i gotta get used to it :EL:

ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO KEEP MIXING UP YOUR ROUTINES,THE BODY ADJUSTS TO THE SAME OLD THING I LIKE TO MIX IT UP EVERY 2-3 MONTHS. JUST MY .02 CENTS:cool:

5 months on the same routine leads to stagnation. Unless of course you are a beginner. The body is highly adaptive and so workouts must be modified every 6 weeks or so depending on your training status. The other mistake you have made is that you are constantly allowing full recovery of the target muscles before repeating the same set again. Although, this method allows you to use heavy weights, you should also modify your routine to allow inadequate rest. This basically equates to using complete recovery and incomplete recovery. Both methods increase muscle mass by different means. Also, alternating sets of agonists/antagonists allows better recovery between sets and lactate removal.

Bottom line: vary your routine and don't follow the same set/exercise protocol over and over again.

Top Bottom