Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doesn't anyone else train twice a day?

BigAndy69

Your Canadian Idol
Platinum
I've trained twice a day in the past, but only 1 weight training session and 1 cardio session, never 2 weight training sessions in a day.

I've started this week:

*******Morning**** Evening

Mon: ****Chest**** Triceps

Tue: **** Back**** Biceps/Forearms

Wed: off/cardio

Thu: Shoulders/rotator cuffs/abs (one session)

Fri: **** Quads**** Hams/Calves

Sat: Off/cardio

Sun: Off

I work weekends and I'm going to school.

So far it's not bad. Has anyone ever done this? Is it overkill in your opinion.

Btw, the morning session usually last under 45 mins, and the evening session lasts under 30 mins.

Last edited:
I've done that on many occasions, and I love to do it. I have a different variation, but it's interesting -- revisit that same body part on the same day. Go heavy in the morning, then do lighter, form exercises in the evenings. You'll feel incredible.

Not overkill. Ronnie trains twice a day and Arnold did. Most good bodybuilders do. I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but it's a fact that they do.

I work out twice at least two days out of the week. On those days I run in the am and get a weight workout in either at lunch or after work. The other days its just running or lifting for me. I try to take weekends off

Intramuscular said:
Not overkill. Ronnie trains twice a day and Arnold did. Most good bodybuilders do. I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but it's a fact that they do.

I'm pretty sure I don't have the recovery ability of Coleman and Arnold. And, I'm coming off three injuries, two seperated shoulders and a problem with a hip. I had physio done, and I feel better, but I figured that if I pay attention to strict form and use appropriate poundage I should be okay.

I would like too try it sometime but between school and work I never really have the time. The pros do usually train twice a day because thats thier job. Must be nice!:supercool :supercool

Beef77 said:
I would like too try it sometime but between school and work I never really have the time. The pros do usually train twice a day because thats thier job. Must be nice!:supercool :supercool

Well, I have class at 8:30am every day so I hit the gym at 6:30-7:00am. I bring all my meals and my school stuff, and I go directly to school from the gym. At lunch time, I go to the University gym and train again. I work 3 full-time shifts (25 hours a week) on fri, sat, sun. I'm also an engineering student and doing the homework is a full-time job alone.

Of course, I have to make sacrifices, I have no social life and no free time. I chose bb over those.:fro:

i used to train twice a day (i havent used AS) i didnt feel it was overtraining as long as the body part i was training wasnt sore and i took a day of rest after all my routins were done. i made some pretty good gains but i think it had more to do with attitude then the amount of time in the gym.

I did it when I trained the olympic lift variations alot for track. I did explosive stuff in the morning and the assistant lifts and slow lifts after practice. Doing just the fast stuff in the morning is cool because you nervous system gets primed and you are very explosive in practice. I actually ran my best 55m 4 hours after doing several sets of hang cleans.

don't think it works as well with bodybuilding stuff (unless you are very chem assisted) as unlike o lifting, bodybuilding movements emphasize the negative and cause more muscle microtrauma.

Top Bottom