Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does sweating help lose fat?

Taeridia

It is pretty hot outside, and I keep seeing lots ofguys running and jogging in complete track suits. I guess they do soto sweat as much as they can, but what is the point, if all they do,is lose water – not fat? They will drink a bottle of water afterthe jogging, and the weight will be all back. Am I stupid, or thereis soemthing wrong with them?

A lot of people stick to the old idea of using sweats etc to lose weight. Any elevation in the metabolism from outside heat is, at best, minimal. The reality is they sweat out water. Once they drink fluids the weight comes back. Running, like all cardio, will - of course - burn calories and that's how we lose weight. We expend more out than we take in.

If someone is running in a sauna suit, he is probably trying to loose water weight prior to a fight or a competition so he can make a weight class.

This is very common in bodybuilding. Often a 210 pound person will try to make a under 198 pound class cut off. The day before the weigh in he will dehydrate himself by running and sitting in a sauna while in a sauna suit.

Once the weigh in is done, he will re-hydrate back to his normal weight.

It's exactly like you said. The additional weight loss is just water. It's not fat.

Sweating on its own will cause you to lose water weight but not fat. Running obviously burns a good amount of calories and will help burn fat.

The funny thing is that these are ordinary people running in all those suits - definitely not fighters, or bodybuilders. So I assume that they just fell victims to the old belief of sweating for fat loss, and I was right.

Top Bottom