Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does stretching affect lactic acid build up?

Does stretching affect lactic acid build up?

We all know that stretching after and/or during a work out assists muscle repair and recovery, but does it actually directly affect lactic acid build up?

Please quote any studies on this.

This is definitely an interesting question. I guess if stretching can increase blood flow to the target area then it should accelerate the flow of lactic acid out of the muscle. Does that make sense?

what Nathan said sounds right. I always stretch before, in between, and after all workouts. Helps a whole lot, i see many guys at the gym not doing it at all. :confused:

Good point Nathan, I was thinking along similar lines, but I'm not sure whether increased blood flow helps reduce lactic acid build up, I have read that massage for example does not affect it.

Crackerot: No, I mean the amount of lactic acid build up in your muscles after exercise.

hardgainer (!)

lactate's removed during a warm down at low intensities.

As for stretching, i dont think so, but im not to sure about that.

many people claim that they are not as sore or stiff they day after if they stretch...now i stretch alot..im very flexible..but im sore and stiff no matter what i do...so your question interest me to..hopefully we will get some good answeres

i did a quick search and found a lot of articles that reference these studies, but not the studies themselves... is it possible that they are urban myths???? or that they're just buried so deep since they were done so many years ago and are now considered "mainstream knowledge..."

i'll try to dig up more information on this soon...

Top Bottom