Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does sex interfere with muscle growth?

benchmaniac2

Is anyone her qualified to give a good answer?

Icculus posted this question before and nobody really gave a good answer.

From what i heard, sex reduces your testosterone levels and sprinters like linford christie and boxers wouldnt have sex for two weeks before a big race/fight.

I tried it myself, (going for sex without a week) and my gains on the bench did shoot up, but it isnt half hard though to go without!

Anyway, any good replies will be appreciated.

I think it's all folklore. My husband's cycling team are a bunch of horny guys--and it doesn't make any difference to them. Lance Armstrong says he doesn't abstain, even when racing. Maybe it's different for endurance athletes?

In the June issue of australian mens health mag there is an article on positions that Work out muscles during sex....well I want to belive this more than sex decreases gains...but its up 2 you:alien:

i have sex at least 4 times daily and i am gaining just as good as before, when i was bangin' once, maybe twice daily!

my advice, keep jacking iron and let the ladies jack yours!!!

One would Imagine that Physical fitness would increase your sex drive and a womans attraction to giving it up to you.
Increased strength, test., endurance, cardio all add up to rockin the house for me...

Personally I have to be Psyched when i hit the iron. When I just had sex I feel way too relaxt to crank out some grueling reps....

I need like 3 hours after good sex to descent from the pink clouds down to the iron dungeon:angel:

I know for a fact that I become more aggressive and ornery if I haven't had any in a while.

If I was participating in a sport that benefited from physical aggression bordering on violence, I would consider a couple-week abstinance a must.

If this affects musclular hypertrophy on a hormal level is still in question...probably not. But you cannot argue that abstaining doesn't make one more intense.

Regular sexual activity (as in 3 times per week) does signficantly improve your immune systems response mechanism. A similar question was asked and well answered in the April edition of Australian Ironman magazine... I will try reading up on it and give you a better answer.

brickshitpowerhouse, with all that serotonin that's produced during orgasm you must be one relaxed, spaced out dude... what are you on man? ;)

hardgainer (pumping not humping)

Top Bottom