Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does increased walking distances work?

Ynngadena

As far as I understand, walking is considered mildcardio. I have also heard that it is not effective, because over timethe body gets used to a certain amount of walking, and you stoplosing fat. So if I started to walk more and more – would Icontinue to lose fat?

Yes, in such case increasing the distance is the only way, because if you are not walking with much intensity, your body will get used to this sort of cardio rather fast, so you will either have to increase the intensity, or the distance walked.

But one day it will be just too much distance and time wasted, and you will see that by running 20 minutes you can achieve as much as walking for 3 hours.

Every little bit adds up.

You won't burn a huge amount of calories by walking but if you walk 30 minutes every day, 7 days a week, it adds up.

It's kind of like a retirement savings plan. If you deposit 5% of your pay cheque every 2 weeks, it's not much but if you do that for 20-30 years, it ends up being a huge lump sum of money.

I would walk whenever you can as a way to burn calories. Instead of driving, walk.

Walking will definitely help with your goal of fat loss. What is even easier though is to adjust diet. Walking for an hour might burn a couple hundred calories. Think of how easy it would be to cut 200 calories out of your diet each day.

Top Bottom