Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does drinking alcohol adversely affect your strength or ability to build muscle?

Yeah, it definitely will have an effect on your body, but I look at it this way: If I'm drinking, there's no way in hell I'll be productive the next day. Meaning, I'll probably sleep-in, miss a few meals, be too lazy to workout, and if I somehow do manage to get my ass in the gym it will probably be a shitty workout. If I do drink, I make sure before that the next day is an off day, or just a cardio day.

And for me, there is no moderation. If I'm going to drink, I'm going to DRINK. Never could have only a few drinks and call it a night.

It depends what you consider moderation. I probably have one night every 2 months where I drink 10-12 drinks; not one drink other than that though. This is definetly not moderation and working out the next day is not an option. I don't really see the point in having a few drinks (moderation) -- I don't enjoy the taste of booze that much. It's either get hammered, or go home.

I haven't drank in 6 months because I'm over in Iraq, and my workouts have A LOT better results rather then when I was stateside annihilating my liver every weekend.
There's also nothing to do in my free time other than lifting, but yeah, alcohol undermines your progress in the gym.

I drink a drink about every day. A drink or two. Wine often with lunch, a beer with dinner. EVERYONE here drinks...EVERYONE.

Drinking can have great benefits. My life sucks at time because of the time, effort, and mental and physical stress I put into my training. Being able to go out, have a good time, laugh a lot, and have a few beers or several glasses of wine...helps me and most people A LOT!!!

B True

i agree with B Fold. If its anyone who deserves a few drinks its us bro's who train our asses off in the gym.

Top Bottom