Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

does decline bench press do anything?

120lb dumb bells loaded into a decline rack without help. I always had trouble with the proper technique to load dumb bells into a decline position and those were light (maybe 60-70?). Never saw anyone actually do any heavy dumb bell decline presses and when I watched that dude it made me think what all the bother was for.. So thats why I asked..

Maybe, but hard to get full range of motion with a barbell. Personally I skip decline but was just wondering about what other guys do.

Personally, I don't do them; I prefer properly executed dips and flat dumbbell presses for the sternocostal head/pectoralis major. Interestingly, Dorian Yates used to swear by decline presses. He felt they were a great way to avoid all the shoulder impingement/overuse injuries that can sometimes occur with heavy flat barbell presses. Plus, they keep you honest because you can't use any leg drive to get the weight up. If you feel that can apply to you, why not use them?

I have used decline bench in the past, but never with d-bells. I have bent straight bar that allows you to sink deep into your press. It allows a good stretch which I believe it helps strengthen you chest due to the full range of motion you are getting from the lift. This is just what I think.

Top Bottom