Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

does bowflex really build muscle?

zqueile

Does this machine make you work out with the same intensity as regular weights and gym machines?
Can you really gain mass only using this home equipment?

A workout with a bowflex machine is better then no workout at all but the problem with a bowflex is that it's all cable work. Cables have their place for sure but they don't train the central nervous system as efficiently as free weights do. Free weights are always superior. With free weights, you train all your stabilizer muscles.

I understand that at home workout are convenient but I would still go to a gym and do a regular workout with free weight at least a few days per week. Another thing is big muscle groups like legs. It will be really hard to stimulate your legs to grow without doing squats. On a bowflex, all you can really do are things like lunges, leg extensions etc.

You can't do the big compound lifts like squat, bench and deadlift with a bowflex.

I remember the bowflex commercials on tv where they have a jacked dude that is oiled and tanned up using it. very convincing commercial but the guy didn't get like that using a bowflex lol. and the price is ridiculous. you can buy a gym membership for years for the price of one of those machines.

so basically save your money bro and get a gym membership

if you want to workout from home invest in free weights and a squat rack at home. you can go on the listing craigs or backpage and find crazy good deals. these people want to clear space at home so will practically give those things away. and we know the equipment has been barely touched

I would always prefer to go to the gym. The atmosphere, the equipment, free weights. Just having the mentality to go to somewhere to hit a killer workout already gets you in the mood.

It depends on your goals. If you are trying to build the physique of a bodybuilder then you definitely want to be going to a gym. You would benefit much more from compound lifts using barbells and dumbbells. If you just want to look fit and be healthy then a bowflex will be perfect.

I had a Bowflex during my 12 year advanced body-building, and I got great results. I know that Muskate is correct, the free weights you HAVE to have to supplement. I did squats with my Bowflex, I put my arms into the hand apparatus (I'm sure that's spelled wrong), and put the sleeves up to my elbows and put my hands together so they wouldn't fly out. Is it as good as a squat rack, or a free squat? Probably not, but again, there are dozens of exercises to do on it. I really got the most muscled, and the biggest weight of my life (not fat) with the Bow. I sure did free weights, especially dumbbells to do my favorite exercise, dumbbell curls for my biceps, shoulders ( I always watched my muscle that I'm working, and the shoulders got round, I did do other exercises for my shoulder, but not much. I can't fib, it worked for ME, it might not with you. But you have it at home to work out any day even if it's snowing, etc. I cherished it!! I sold it at half price, they took it eagerly. I had to stop working out with weights even tho I do resistance training with Power Cables, because of my extreme bad back (not thru weight training.

Top Bottom