Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

does anybody like doing Zercher Squats?

bonan

i find zercher squats to be one of the best glute and ab strengthening excersizes out there. nobody in my gym does them, is there anybody on this board that has any experience with them?:spit:

I've done them while training with a strongman competitor.They felt extremely awkward at first, but soon afterward, my squats and deadlifts took a big jump.I'd never do them in a commercial gym unless you want a bunch of people coming up to you asking just what in the hell you are doing.The guy I was training with said they really helped when doing rock loading drills and stone lifting.

I love them. I used to do them from bottom position...way way low and rack them really high at the top, in order to practice for the stones. I've done them in several ways and they are good.

B True

Hold the bar in the crook of your arms, either de rack it and go as deep as possible with your elbows going between your knees...or pick it up from the bottom of a rack and stand up with them. I will try to find a link.

B True

edge crusher, b fold gave a pretty good description of the zercher squat. Read up on westside training(they do alot of zerchers) to find out more about the excericise. and no there not like a front squat. just because the weight is out in front of you doest mean that it targets the quads like a front squat. i find it feels more like a deadlift.

Stay strong.:D

Top Bottom