Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does abstaining from sex & masturbation really increase testosterone?

jimmy32

I havent found a conclusive answer to this issue. From what I have read, it is generally believed that ejaculating has no effect on testosterone, but when I got to thinking, I'm not so sure if this is true. Unfortunatly, I dont think there have been any scientific studies on this.

It seems logical, from an evolutionary standpoint, that abstaining from ejaculation would increase the testosterone level. Ejaculation signals to the body that sex has taken place, and that since the male has been successful in finding a mate there would be no need to further increase testosterone. Thus if a male is not having sex, the body compensates by increasing the testosterone level to increase the chances of fighting off the other males and finding a mate.

Also, there are alot of nutrients in minerals in semen that are lost when you ejaculate. One of these is zinc. Most of us know zinc is essential to testosterone production. Thus whenever you ejaculate you lose zinc, but I'm not sure how much. Some websites say only .5-1mg, others said up to 5mg. 5mg is a pretty large amount compared to how much the body absorbs. I've also read that semen contains testosterone, and that this testosterone could potentially be re-absorbed by the body if not ejaculated.

I think it would be interesting if someone would quit ejaculating or reduce ejaculation frequency for a while, and compare their gains during that time to their normal gains.

Your thoughts please.

Here is why I think it doesn't. If you don't force yourself to ejaculate, you will ejaculate in your sleep. You loose those fluids no matter what.

Maybe you wouldn't ejaculate as much in your sleep as you wouldif you had sex a lot, but i know the more frequently you do have sex the less you ejaculate each time and eventually you can 'dry heave.'

Synpax said:
Here is why I think it doesn't. If you don't force yourself to ejaculate, you will ejaculate in your sleep. You loose those fluids no matter what.

I stayed off for 2 months and never had that experience:confused:

Jiang M. Periodic changes in serum testosterone levels after ejaculation in men. Sheng Li Xue Bao 2002 Dec 25;54(6):535-8

Apparently if you don't ejaculate for 7 days, there's a spike in serum testosterone. It will reach 150% of the normal levels. But only once, and only after 7 days.

Think of it as an evolutionary kick in the pants. "What?!? You haven't been screwing? GET OUT THERE AND FIND SOME VAGINA! Just for good measure we'll make you hornier and more aggressive for a bit."

Actually if you feel like having sex and spanking the moneky all the time, then it means Test levels are high and vice versa, good indications of wether your pushing training too hard or not :)

jimmy32 said:
I think it would be interesting if someone would quit ejaculating or reduce ejaculation frequency for a while, and compare their gains during that time to their normal gains.

Well, you're welcome to do that, but don't ask me! ;)

Testosterone is involved in a negative feedback loop for sperm production...I thought there's more serum testosterone if you're trying to replenish sperm you've ejaculated.

I really would like to hear some replies on this...i on the whole have found that my strength progresses faster when i don't ejaculate/getaction/play with my willy as much...then again i am pretty excessive so when i do taper off it would be like taking a break from overtraining ;) ;) ;)

Top Bottom