Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does abstaining from sex & masturbation really increase testosterone?

I find if I am not getting off, my workouts are more intense it seems, sexual frustration maybe, but not enough that I would do it on purpose

I can't participate in this study... my girlfriend already wants to kill me when I spend time on this board. Cutting her off from sex would definitely be the final straw! :)

Sebass67 said:
It's practically impossible to cut my girl off so...i guess i'll just have to grin and bear it....;)

I'm with you there, brother. Most would kill to have this "problem." :p

casualbb said:
Jiang M. Periodic changes in serum testosterone levels after ejaculation in men. Sheng Li Xue Bao 2002 Dec 25;54(6):535-8

Apparently if you don't ejaculate for 7 days, there's a spike in serum testosterone. It will reach 150% of the normal levels. But only once, and only after 7 days.

Think of it as an evolutionary kick in the pants. "What?!? You haven't been screwing? GET OUT THERE AND FIND SOME VAGINA! Just for good measure we'll make you hornier and more aggressive for a bit."

Haha, well said.

Ejaculation does burn T, but some of it
is converted to DHT, which is way more anabolic then T,
but more side effects i.e balding, prostate enlargement.
I don't know if abstinence will help, hinder, or cement gains.

Abstaining from ejaculation seems to increase my aggression for workouts. If I ejaculate then workout like 2 hours later, I seem real mellow and too relaxed. Not good
for pumping up the other muscles:)))LOL

1) ejaculating has been proven to prevent from prostate cancer

2) the effects of ejaculation on testosterone must be very small, if they ever exist.
Otherwise the Russians would have found it (just like they forced the female athletes to get pregnant before a competition)

Top Bottom