Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do your biceps ever get sore?

My biceps never get sore, and are my best bodypart by far.

Triceps get sore merely by looking at a tri pushdown machine. Calves are the same way. Chest and back get sore pretty easily too.

LCBUTLER said:

I know that soreness does not really indicate if you are going to grow or not, just curious if anyone gets sore biceps after a good arm day. I am pretty sure my routine is good, arms are growing anyway, just wanted some feedback on soreness.

Thanks for the reply

LC

sounds like you got the best of both worlds, i would NOT be complaining or even questioning it :)

My biceps get sore but my shoulders never do (traps do too though). How many sets and exercises do you currently do for 'em? I've found that if I do too many sets for bi's then I can't go intense enough. I lowered the sets to 6 total with 2 exercises and my intensity went way up and my bi's were much more sore the next day.

Finally, someone I can relate with! Mine NEVER get sore... I almost always feel it the next day in my forearms and right in the bend of my arm, but near the peak of the bicep... NEVER! What gives? I've tried preacher curls, reverse curls, straight bar, e-z bar, negatives, strips, pyramiding... they just seem to lag... and they are very weak at that!

:(

Why sore?

After an intense workout, it is commonplace to feel a slight amount of irritation or discomfort the day after. One should not be so sore that it interferes with one's every day functions nor should you "cringe" when someone touches your muscles. The muscles should feel tense, tight and well-worked and still pumped.
If you continue with this type of feeling and result after you workouts you have just won a major battle that most are losing....... overtraining!!!!! It will kill you chances of getting as large as you really want.

Maxmuscle66

maxmuscle: I agree, except when it comes to legs. Most of my bodyparts get sore to the point that it's kind of a nice feeling. HOWEVER, when I do heavy squats and heavy leg presses together (and sometimes leg extensions) my legs do sometimes get so sore that standing up after a lengthy period of sitting down is almost painful (but not in a bad way per se). I don't think i'm overtraining legs either as I give them a full week to recover (or more if they need it) and my strength goes up on squats and presses pretty much every workout.

I can probably beat my shoulders with a balpeen hammer and they wont be sore the next day, I don't know what they're problems are. Biceps are the same. Rarely anymore will i get a slight soreness the next day, triceps are the same way. However chest and back are almost always sore. I just started doing legs again, and my legs were sore for like 5 days after, and then when i went to do them again, they werent too bad anymore after that. I dunno.

Top Bottom