Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you wear gloves in the gym?

babymonkey

I never wear gloves when I work out but at this new gym I joined, the benchpress bar is very rough. My palms are more sore than my chest. Should I wear gloves or just let my palms toughen up?

There's a lot of controversy (heh) but it's really up to you. I wear 'em, but that's just because I prefer to not have my hands be rough.

I wear them on the tire flip because it aids on my grip on them...I wear pruning gloves for it.

On the bar? I like the pain...

B True

:devil:
No gloves. I have big calluses to show for it. I wont wear gloves because I like to keep my hands rough. Also because it's fucking nasty, sweaty gloves touching the equipment after some asshole just wiped shit on it because he couldn't wash his hands, the bacteria festuring in the gloves day after day. no thanks.

nope i used to when i first started out lifting cause i thought i had to use all the cool gear...you know, belt, gloves...etc.

now as i've progressed belt only rarely and straps when my forearms just can't go anymore :)

i don't wear gloves, but sometimes it does become a pain in the ass. mainly on back day and the day i do deadlifts. i do deadlifts on the day i train my traps and hams, and that tears up my hands pretty well with dl's and shrugs. they are very tender the next day so i usually can't do a back day followed by a traps/hams day because my hands need to heal. other than that though i have no problems not wearing gloves.

I'd like to wear gloves, but my grip isn't as good with them, so I put up with these blasted calluses.

Top Bottom