Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you warm up?

How often do you warmup?

• I never warm up

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I warm up occasionally

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I warm up for 1 rep before doing the full weight

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • I warm up for 2 reps before doing the full weight

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters
I follow the HST guideline for warmups. It's used to simply elevate your core temperature and get some enzymes/hormones activated so your CNS works more effectively. Something to that extent. It changes whether you're on the 10's or 5's week, but still, it's generall 50-70% of your working weight, 1-5 reps. At most, 3 sets.

I usually only do 1 set of warming up per exercise.
Is it advisable to do more than 1 set of warming up for the following compound exercises?: Standing DB curl, DB Bench press

Btw, I read that no study has ever proven that stretching before working out reduces the risk of injury or benefits your body in any way. I don't know if it's true or not, but it's certainly a controversial topic.

I also read in The Great Dumbell Handbook by Michael Jespersen, a book I bought along with my poweblock (Which highly kicks ass) that when warming up you're only supposed to do 25%-50% of the full weight you plan to exercise with.

Last edited:
The risk of energy? You mean injury, I'm guessing. Well, don't listen to studies all the time. Science is flawed man. Not all the time, but in situations like that, take it from guys who have been injured multiple times in their careers due to improper warming up/stretching. If nothing else, it makes me feel more ready to tackle big weights when my muscles are loose.

Tom Treutlein said:
The risk of energy? You mean injury, I'm guessing. Well, don't listen to studies all the time. Science is flawed man. Not all the time, but in situations like that, take it from guys who have been injured multiple times in their careers due to improper warming up/stretching. If nothing else, it makes me feel more ready to tackle big weights when my muscles are loose.

Sorry man, I'm a little bit of a stoner (Trying to quit), I make plenty of typos which is why you can see that most of my posts have been edited. Stretch if it helps you. I'm young, and stretching really doesn't do much for me at this point in my life. Perhaps when I get older.

I'm young too, man. 17. It's good you're trying to quit, though. I've been out of it for 8 months now. Quit once I started goin' out wit' my girl. Sorry about kind of attacking you in the other post. I just don't like when people claim things like there being a lack of intellect, then make stupid mistakes themselves.

Np man. I've been down to doin it about once a day now. Now I'm totally out, and don't plan to get anymore. My uncle was telling me about his friend that started smoking when he was 13, and continued through med school. I'm just afraid of having a low sperm count, or possibly becoming impotent.

You guys wanna get high? :rasta:

lol weed ain't that bad man, I smoke every day and I'm doin just fine :D
the key is to wait till you got your shit done. after you're homework, and job, training and whatever is over it's good to go

Nope i dont........maybe thats why i just had the injury of the year. I pulled my left shoulder so bad on a military press that i had to stop and go home. couldn't work biceps or forearms afterwards. still hurts ouch!

That sucks man. Thats why I'd rather tone than work with huge heavy weights. I do do some hypertrophy exercises, but I prefer toning. I love looking cut.

Top Bottom