Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you use straps for deadlifts?

cinnamon6

I see alot of people using straps when they deadlift. Is it a good idea? I am guessing it assists the grip but that would take away from improving the natural grip strength you would use without straps right?

nothing is more sad then watching some dude with straps, belt, gloves, wraps, and chalk deadlifting 500 pounds with awful form

if you took away all that shit he wouldn't even be able to do half that weight. and if you required a 10 rep set with PROPER FORM he wouldn't even be able to do 100.

I would never be caught dead lifting with any of that shit. I lift one way and that is RAW

i've given up on telling guys this, you will break someones heart telling them to stop using any of that shit. i can't tell you how many guys i've argued with about wearing a belt alone. they still insist it someone 'prevents injuries' or 'works the core'... SMH. hopefully one day they grow a clue

Exactly like you said - straps will help you lift more weight temporarily, but long term they do more harm then good because they weaken your forearms.

It's best not to use straps. You will eventually become dependent on them.

Top Bottom