Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you train your forearms?

Nerarye

Do you think it is necessary to train your forearmsexplicitely? Mine are not really big, but I don't see a lot of peopletraining their forearms, so I don't know – maybe that is justgenetics.

In a way – yes, genetics determine how much yourforearms will grow. You can train them separately, but I personallydon't find it all that necessary, since the forearms already train alot in a passive way – when you carry weights around the gym, putthem in their places, etc. So I usually don't train them directly.

I do add in 3-4 sets of reverse wrist curls and wrist curls onto every arm day. The way I see it - it certainly can't hurt.

Forearms are an endurance muscle so they respond best to high reps.

I do, as you might imagine, a fair bit of grip and forearm work. So today, which was a leg day, I did some wrist roller work. Tomorrow, chest and back day, I'll do a specialized grip lift (adjustable thick bar - I'm the world record holder) after 2-inch thick bar (double over hand and thumbless grip) deadlifts. Thursday it's arms and shoulders which will end of wrist curls (both kinds). Friday I'll do 2-hand pinch work.

I do not train forearms directly. I think if you are doing things like heavy deadlifts without straps for assistance then you are good to go. Nothing wrong with training them but I just never found it necessary.

I do add in 3-4 sets of reverse wrist curls and wrist curls onto every arm day. The way I see it - it certainly can't hurt.

Forearms are an endurance muscle so they respond best to high reps.

How many reps would be a good range for the forearms?

Top Bottom