Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you train to failure on every set or just the last set of an exercise?

Do you rain to failure on every set, or just the last set of an exercise?

• Yes

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Sometimes as part of variation

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Sometimes as part of periodization

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
I usually train the last few sets of a compound movement to low rep failure or beyond. Isolation movements I usually stop at 10, concentrating on technique and feeling the muscle.

Training to failure is a good way to insure no strength gains. Adding weight to the bar weekly for the same number of reps (i prefer 5's and 3's...lol) is a much better way to insure progress.

al420 said:
Training to failure is a good way to insure no strength gains. Adding weight to the bar weekly for the same number of reps (i prefer 5's and 3's...lol) is a much better way to insure progress.

^Very True^

I train to failure with every set and measure my progress with increased reps the next time around and or more weight. Seems to work well for me. Better results may come if I did it otherwise but I hate to mess with something that has worked.

There are so many variables. "Failure" is an inderterminante phrase. Pushing until you can no longer complete a rep isn't more "failure" than resting a second and doing another -- or doing partials -- or more reps with a lighter weight.

If there were a "science" to reps we'd all know it by now.

Strength training is something altogether different. You can get stronger and not more muscular.

Plus -- everyone reacts differently to different stimulus. Even cliches' like "compound movements build mass" aren't entirely accuarate.

Didn't mean to get off topic. It's just one of those things that can be analyzed to death yet never really explained.

This is a nice reminder of how helpful a lifting partner can be,

When lit up with Fina,

I train to Failure every day.

Ouch

everytime im down the gym i mash my self right up, when i get home i have to lie down for about ahour or i will be sick as they say no pain no gain the harder i train the better the results it works for me

Well everyone knows you can lift anyway you want and still make gains while on cycle and eating like a horse. But are you guys actually geting consistent gains going to failure on every set?
Its clear that bodybuilders are not about getting stronger or doing proper exercises, its all about blood volume in muscles and eating like a horse while juicing up to the shithouse. Want Proof? Watch Ronnie's documentary's, he does the most half-assed reps a person can do and hes huge and ripped.

Top Bottom