Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you really, really train?

SteveMobsterG

EF Logger
Even I'm guilty of this from time to time. When I'm in competition mode my training intensity goes up. Not just because I am, as per a LOT of Elite and Evo members, on cycle (we see a LOT get more serious when on). But, simply put, because the clocks ticking and every missed opportunity is a chance missed.

Equally, in this day and age, we have the cellphone distraction. We've either seen it or been guilty of it - checking fkin social media. The worst examples are sitting on their workout bench between sets.

Recently I trained arms in under an hour (I've done it in 45 minutes with zero distractions). I trained chest and back (inc deadlifts) at 6.30am. So that alone was relatively quick as there was only one other member there (and one member of staff). Today, cos I slacked off a little, it was 2+ hours for legs.

All that said I'm not that bad. But a great many train, or so it seems, half heartedly. From the person plodding along on the running machine at a pace they do quicker when they shop to the fellas who only EVER lift the same weights. One example, in another thread, was the member who lost 50+ pounds on cycle. However, I'd bet he only trains and or diets hard on cycle. Are you guilty of this?

There is a great focus on forums such as ours on stims, fat burners, PED's, Sarms, Roids etc. Sometimes to the point where they seem like they do all the work. If, however, you trained like (or close to) your life depended on it. If, unlike some, you were consistent, and didn't miss any or hardly any sessions. If you got all the clean meals in and then and only then, along with ALL of the above, added in those oh so lovely additives and chemicals you KNOW that the results will be a LOT, LOT better right?

I don't train hard at all anymore.. I train efficiently

i see too many people in the gym when i get there still in the gym when i leave. what the fuck could you possibly be doing for all that time? the answer is a lot of socializing, playing with your phone, stalking women, and just jerking yourself off

I don't train hard at all anymore.. I train efficiently

i see too many people in the gym when i get there still in the gym when i leave. what the fuck could you possibly be doing for all that time? the answer is a lot of socializing, playing with your phone, stalking women, and just jerking yourself off
For me depends on which phase I'm in.

In the hypertrophic phase, my workout despite the volume is very short and dynamic. At most 90 minutes in days of lower body.

However in the peaking phase, the training is very specific, I train 3 times a week the competitive lifts, that is, at this phase I only bench, squat and deadlift. Adding the warm-ups and working sets for all the three lifts, the workouts last on average between two and two and a half hours.

With zero distraction because I workout at 6am
I like empty gym. I don't like to socialize at the gym.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

If I train a lift at home (I'm doing so 2x a week currently) I don't even have music
Oh... A home gym... My dream.
But I live in a single appartement at 4.
It not possible. :(

I use a headphone to listen some music while I'm training.
It's peaceful and also blocks all external sound.

95% of people in the gym are more interested in updating their social media accounts then there actual workout.

It always blows my mind that people can't turn their phone off for 60-75 minutes while they're working out

Oh... A home gym... My dream.
But I live in a single appartement at 4.
It not possible. :(

I use a headphone to listen some music while I'm training.
It's peaceful and also blocks all external sound.

I live in (and own - zero mortgage) what was once a Veterans social club. Dirt cheap (it had been empty for 5 plus years). The gym room is 41 x 17 feet with a smaller 17 x 20 ft space up two steps. Power rack, bench, bars, weights, battle rope, fat handled dumbbellm, grippers etc. I even added, via a deal with the local gym owner, a pro leg extension machine (bastard to get in lol - 200kilos/ 440lbs and through a standard doorway). Today's workout was on a specialized bit of grip kit for an upcoming challenge (I wanna break another world record).

Smart Phones can be good if you have an app for tracking your workouts. The key is to only use if for that though. No checking messages or social media. If you cannot go an hour without checking those then you have an addiction to your device. Get in, train hard, get out.

Top Bottom