x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals

Do you have any injuries right now and if so how are you training around them?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Do you have any injuries right now and if so how are you training around them? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I'll start: I have a big cut on my right big toe and am recovering from surgery on my right elbow. I mainly do crunches, lying leg curls, and leg extensions. Also, there is a piece of plywood at the gym where I work that is about 3/4" thick and about 2'x1'. I stand on that with my toes hanging off the front and do squats with the Smith machine. I also do curls and military presses (sometimes all in the same movement, curl->Arnold press) with just my left arm. My left side is

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Do you have any injuries right now and if so how are you training around them?

I'll start:

I have a big cut on my right big toe and am recovering from surgery on my right elbow.

I mainly do crunches, lying leg curls, and leg extensions. Also, there is a piece of plywood at the gym where I work that is about 3/4" thick and about 2'x1'. I stand on that with my toes hanging off the front and do squats with the Smith machine.

I also do curls and military presses (sometimes all in the same movement, curl->Arnold press) with just my left arm. My left side is slightly weaker anyway so if I do that once a week for a few week it won't hurt anything I'm pretty sure.

I swear it sucks. But you know what would suck worse? Not going to the gym at all.

I try not to sweat too much because of the cut that's healing on my toe, so I don't do cardio. I think starting the middle of next week it will be healed up enough that the idea of walking around the locker room barefoot won't completely skeeze me out and I'll add some cardio to the routine (I think my legs are on the verge of being overtrained LOL).

How are YOU coping with YOUR injuries/conditions?

The Shadow

Re: Do you have any injuries right now and if so how are you training around them?

Lower back...L-1 and L-2.

L1 is "rotated" approx 30%......had been an issue for 4 months now. Havent done any lifting - just focused on diet and core strengthening

Re: Do you have any injuries right now and if so how are you training around them?

I have had constant back pain for a few years that seems to ebb and flow. It's forced me to be extra form-conscious, and it seems to remain a dull ache unless I do something stupid. Slouching all day at work or sleeping on my stomach bothers it more than anything

The Shadow

word on sleeping on the stomach

Quote Quote posted by The Shadow
    Lower back...L-1 and L-2.

L1 is "rotated" approx 30%......had been an issue for 4 months now. Havent done any lifting - just focused on diet and core strengthening
    You mean pilates type stuff?

So in my head I am imagining that the disk is literally rotated, like a wheel and the spinal cord is the axle, 1/12 of a rotation. If that's true, how the F does that happen?

Anthrax Invasion

Bulging L3-L4, L4-L5, and L5-S1 for six months or so. Now only L3-L4 and L4-L5. I fixed L5-S1 with my own rehab. Well, whatever I or my body did, it's healed now. Didn't do any overhead work or anything to compress the spine for six months, started squatting again more recently (two or three months back now, working back to my old strength), and haven't had any problems despite my lack of effort in working my core. I get lazy, what can I say?

Back injuries suck. I sleep on my stomach all the time though - never bothered me. Weird. My injures are central/postal bulges, but it seems after I got my second MRI, the L4-L5 is slightly going to the right. Probably 'cause I lay back in my chair kinda on my side when I type on the forums, like now.

Yeah, I'm lazy.

The Shadow

Quote Quote posted by Lumberg
    You mean pilates type stuff?

So in my head I am imagining that the disk is literally rotated, like a wheel and the spinal cord is the axle, 1/12 of a rotation. If that's true, how the F does that happen?

I was getting out of a bean bag believe it or not, and had been resting my upper back against the front of the sofa.

Raised my left leg...dropped it down to get some momentum and snaped up and to the left...when I did, there was an audible pop and I hit the ground. It was Saturday night, so I spent the evening and following day lying on my back with my feet in a chair.

Chiro said it was the combination of the twisting and the rolling of the spine and relative strength imparity between the lumbars and the lower abs. If you are looking atthe X-ray - think of a block that while straight-edged, is tilted.

OK so by rotated it means from the horizontal, which would be 0.

Anthrax Invasion

Yeah, I'm not aware of discs bulging and getting vertically displaced, only laterally.

The Shadow

I guess....my xays look nasty - thats about all I know