Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you ever squat barefoot?

ive wanted to try this but i have bad fallen arches and i wear custom orthotics in my shoes, so would this be a bad idea for me due to the lack of support id have?

IReekofAwesomeness said:
ive wanted to try this but i have bad fallen arches and i wear custom orthotics in my shoes, so would this be a bad idea for me due to the lack of support id have?

At one time i had custom orthotics too, but they have since wore out and i have never replaced them. However, i have never had any trouble squatting in my socks. My arches are fine, just flat footed, but it isnt any trouble.

Actually, shoes are detrimental to the functional foot. It is ideally designed. If you must use shoes, the flattest ones possible are best (all-stars).

By the way, flat-feet can be fixed through certain exercises. Your problem stems from the hips, not your feet.

I didn't like the negative pressure it put on the backs of my feet near the achilles tendon...guess I'm one of the few that would rather squat in shoes(new balances, very flat)

Is the amount of weight you can use drastically lessened if you don't wear shoes ... leg day isnt for another 3 days here

BOOEY said:
Is the amount of weight you can use drastically lessened if you don't wear shoes ... leg day isnt for another 3 days here

My guess is that you might even be a tad bit stronger...? Anyone?

Top Bottom