x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

Do you arch your back when doing close grip bench?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Do you arch your back when doing close grip bench? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Do you try to sustain correct powerlifting bench format when doing tricep work on bench? I would think no? Just asking ... -sk

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cyborg

Do you arch your back when doing close grip bench?

Do you try to sustain correct powerlifting bench format when doing tricep work on bench? I would think no? Just asking ...

-sk

jeremys
    yes, i train close-grip, boards, etc as close as i can to my competition form

see, weights to me, are like my bitch, right? my bitch. she fuck another nigga. and i get mad and i wanna kill the bitch. and i wanna kill the nigga. you see, this is how you must step up to the muthafukin loaded bar
    Originally posted by jeremys

this is correct

Originally posted by jeremys

I do it this way as well. I train like I compete

In the center of the Storm, letting The Fury build!!!
    I don't compete so I stay flat as possible, most of it is I feel more comfortable that way thoguh

Da Pope
    I think one should bench the same way on everything... flat, incline, closegrip, reverse grip.

Cyborg
    Reason I asked, is cause shouldn't you do extra work just to strengthen the triceps? Shouldn't the tricep work be done in a bodybuilding manner?

Guess I was off here, i'll use proper pl bench form on close grips.

-sk

jeremys
    Originally posted by sk*
    Reason I asked, is cause shouldn't you do extra work just to strengthen the triceps? Shouldn't the tricep work be done in a bodybuilding manner?

Guess I was off here, i'll use proper pl bench form on close grips.

-sk
    im going to assume you plant to compete in bench contests sometime.

you dont want to just strengthen a muscle, that's not good enough (unless it's an injury issue). you want to strengthen it to help with that portion of your lift (lockouts, boards, etc). a 2 board is a lot different than rack lockouts, though they both work the triceps.

btw, do you post your workouts anywhere? i'd be interested in your progress

Muscle Pimp
    In a competition will you not want your triceps to be strong in a plane where back is arched, etc...? Train like you compete. As for my training, after I do my compound moves the way I would in a comp, I do isolation work (a.k.a. bodybuilder style), so if my tris aren't fried from a 4 board close grip, they certainly will be after that.

Cyborg
    Thanks guys, makes sence.

Jeremys, i'll be starting WSB within a few days. The last 2weeks, I have just been doing some of the moves in WSB to get ready for it.

Regarding WSB, ...

I noticed the suggested way to workout is 4days out of the 7 in a week. I feel like my recovery is much better than this, would you guys suggest something a little different?

Since i've been maxing out on my lifts lately, I notice I recover extremely fast ... with bodybuilding style 6-8 reps my recovery is much much slower. This is why I want to be hitting some of the compound movements more than once a week on ME.

I can easilly recover from maxing out on deads, squats, GM's, and bench in just 1-2days. By recover I mean all soreness goes away (I know this isn't necessarily a sign of recovery) but when I come back to the gym I keep setting PR's.

-sk