Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do these machines work?

Ifinchare

For so many years they have been advertising those machines, which connect electrodes to your muscles, and contract them. I have never really found out – do these machines really work and develop your muscles, or you just end up all eletrified with no results?

I think that what you are talking about are electrical muscle stimulators, also known as EMS. They are usually used in medical environment to stimulate muscles in those who can't use them, to avoid their atrophy. But no, these machines do not work as they are advertised. You will burn more calories by walking to the shop to buy this shit, rather than by using it. So this stuff has its application in a clinical setting, but if you are doing sports, don't expect anything reasonable from these things.

If you are bed ridden with a coma, then yeah, they're better than nothing and will prevent bedsores. Other than that, no.

Some years ago, Nelson might remember this, MMI ran an article or two featuring a Canadian Bodybuilder (Scott something??) who wore these pads set to a high setting while he worked out. I seem to recall that a study had been done (maybe just the one - cos done properly it was painful as f**k) where zapping the muscle as you flex MIGHT work.

Strangely enough we're not seeing it now. Funny that

Nelson laid it out for you. They are mostly effective at hospitals where people are in bed for a long time. It can help prevent blood clots. If muscle building was that easy we would all be jacked!

If you are bed ridden or in space - they will prevent muscle loss somewhat caused from being completely inactive.

For the average person, they are a total waste of money.

Wow - I am amazed at how they can scam so many people without being stopped! Where are the authorities looking at?

There are so many scammers everywhere, that I could ask the same question about dozens of things....guess they have more important stuff to take care of.

Top Bottom