Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do Squats help this body part?

Smokescreen

Experienced Noob
Platinum
Glutes? I remember I used to do squats and not only would my legs be sore...but also my butt. Now I don't feel shit in my butt. I'm getting big everywhere, but I'm lacking some butt. How do I make this grow? Am I doing squats wrong?

Carth said:
Glutes? I remember I used to do squats and not only would my legs be sore...but also my butt. Now I don't feel shit in my butt. I'm getting big everywhere, but I'm lacking some butt. How do I make this grow? Am I doing squats wrong?

yo I always feel it in the glutes..try really sitting back in the 'pocket' when you do a full back squat...my knees never go past my toes when I'm squatting...not even like half an inch - just do this everytime and I can assure you you'll feel it in your butt/hips. Also, you can try squatting Pler style - widening yoru stance and pointing your toes a little out - this recruits more of a hips/glutes/hams approach to drive taht weight up

good luck,
CN

do you guys have any pics of what your saying? Or maybe know of a website that can properly show me this?

Carth said:
do you guys have any pics of what your saying? Or maybe know of a website that can properly show me this?

When you squat:

1) your knees should not go over your toes. if you're bending your knees and they go over your toes, you're putting stress on the knee and killing yourself. your knees can move forward SLIGHTLY, but not past the toes

2) you should squat until your thighs are parallel with the ground.

3) your midsection (abs, and lower back) should be flexed and stiff during the entire movement, lower back slightly arched.

and, perhaps most importantly

4) you should balance the weights so all of the force is on your heels (back of your foot), not your toes.

when you put these four together, you should feel it in the glutes, bigtime.

try it, and get back if you need more info.

if you are keeping those shins as vertical as you can, sitting back and going low enough, you'll grow an a$$. hehe

Ass to the grass

Top Bottom