Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do shoes make a different at all when lifting?

nick piana

I have been experiencing lower back pain after doing squats and dumbbells, I thought it was a kidney issue but my urine test showed everything is normal, so the trainer at my gym told could be my shoes making my back hurt. I wear Nike Shocks because I like the added height and he told me to switch to olympic shoes or Asics. What do you bros use for lifting?

You don't need OLY shoes or anything serious like that, but you want something with a solid base, lot of people like chuck taylors.

I use the adipower weightlifting shoes and love them.

You actually do NOT want to use running shoes when squatting and deadlifting heavy. You want to use flat soled shoes like converse or weight lifting shoes.

Running shoes are designed to keep the weight on your toes. That is NOT what you want for squatting. You want to be driving through your heels.

Shoes make a big difference. The Adidas weight lifting shoes are awesome but are very expensive. If you can afford them, get a cheap pair of converse by chuck noris.

A lot of Nike's running shoes are designed to strengthen your calves and shins. Converse shoes run really narrow, so if you have wide feet like me you will be out of luck. The Adidas shoes @muskate mentioned are very popular at my gym with the big power lifters. Flat shoes are you're answer when doing any type of squats or deadlifts. Good luck and hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If It's leg day and I'm going for power I just stick to my work boots and lace em up good. Gives me the stability on my ankle, a solid base to stand on, piece of mind with the hard toe (not that it's needed in the gym), and the extra height is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom